BROOKFIELD, Wis., April 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The digital Cybersecurity Guide 2017 produced by OnCourse Learning Financial Services offers insider knowledge from various leading cybersecurity experts to help financial institutions ward off attacks by cybercriminals.
"Cybersecurity awareness and training are absolutely vital to helping financial service providers fight cybercriminals," said Jeff Kelly, vice president of Governance, Risk & Compliance for OnCourse Learning Financial Services. "This resource guide is a great tool for keeping your organization protected and your team vigilant."
18 Cybersecurity Topics
The guide serves as a resource, covering 18 relevant topics that include phishing scams, email fraud, data protection, vendor management and cybersecurity training. Among the articles included in the guide are the following topics:
- Potential threats to the U.S. financial system posed by foreign nation states, terrorist groups and other bad actors
- Prevent cyberattacks: How to be proactive to stay ahead of cybercriminals
- Preparation is better than remediation when it comes to cybersecurity
- Phishing for trouble: Hackers use phishing emails to steal data, penetrate networks
- Proposed new cybersecurity regulations at the state and federal level
"We know readers, from frontline employees to manager and compliance officers, will find the Cybersecurity Guide 2017 beneficial, and the insight provided by cybersecurity experts valuable," Kelly said.
Just some of the experts featured in the guide are:
- Elliot Berman, principal for Bowtie Advisors, a strategic and regulatory advisory firm, examined email fraud and cybercrime and ways to identify potential red flags.
- Tim Young, director of IT and cloud solutions for OnCourse Learning, discussed in a Q&A some of the major cyberthreats facing financial institutions and ways to prevent cyberattacks.
- Two legal experts who reviewed in a webinar some of the top cyberthreats facing financial institutions.
OnCourse Learning Financial Services is a leading provider of governance, risk and compliance training for the bank, mortgage, credit union, gaming and nonbank financial services industries. It offers a comprehensive course catalog complemented by its sophisticated learning management system. To learn more, please contact 866-512-9888, visit OnCourseLearning.com/Financial-Services or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
For media inquiries, contact:
Deborah Filipek, Media Relations Manager
About OnCourse Learning
OnCourse Learning delivers licensure, regulatory and compliance education solutions throughout the nation's leading industries including financial services, healthcare and real estate. Through trusted industry expertise, compliance management and technology solutions, OnCourse Learning focuses on advancing the e-learning environment for individuals and businesses to help to build new careers, empower employees through knowledge and identify efficiencies in corporate training management. OnCourse Learning offers a full suite of educational products including state and federally approved prelicensing and continuing education programs, accredited course content, exam prep tools, publications, e-books, events and a sophisticated and customizable learning management system and course-authoring tool. To learn more, visit OnCourseLearning.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-guide-details-how-to-prevent-cyberattacks-300437804.html
SOURCE OnCourse Learning