AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Sept. 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ram Power Wagon introduces new color Mojave Sand and all-black wheels
- Power Wagon Mojave Sand package priced at $795
- Limited edition only offered in the fourth quarter of 2018
Ram Truck today announced a new color for its off-road king, the new 2018 limited-edition Ram Power Wagon Mojave Sand package.
"The Ram Power Wagon is the most off-road capable production pickup in the market today and offering the new Mojave Sand limited edition will appeal to enthusiasts looking for a truck that stands above the crowd," said Jim Morrison, Head of Ram Brand – FCA North America. "Power Wagon is extraordinarily competent off road and provides both the towing and payload required in a heavy-duty truck."
Previously the fastest-moving color on the Ram Rebel, this is the first time Mojave Sand exterior paint has been available on a Ram Heavy Duty truck and is exclusive to the Power Wagon. To accompany the new color, new all-black wheels create a complete exterior design element.
The limited-edition truck features an all-black interior with Ram's Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen. Also part of the package, the Power Wagon Mojave Sand adds the Heavy Duty Luxury Group, which includes LED bed lighting, overhead console power heated/fold-away mirrors and a universal garage door opener.
The Ram Power Wagon Mojave Sand limited edition is available in Crew Cab 4x4 at a starting MSRP of $54,830, plus $1,695 destination, and will arrive in dealerships in the fourth quarter of 2018. Production is limited to 1,500 trucks.
About the Ram Power Wagon
Based on the Ram 2500 Heavy Duty 4x4 Crew Cab, the Power Wagon is packed with purpose-built off-road features, including a unique suspension with more than two inches of lift, 14.3 inches of ground clearance, front and rear locking differentials, an electric disconnecting front sway bar, 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires and a 12,000-lb. winch. Powered by a 410 horsepower, 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 engine, the Ram Power Wagon is the most off-road capable production pickup available.
Dating back to 1945, the Ram Power Wagon's heritage holds a distinctive position in the Ram Truck lineup as an example of engineering innovation and off-road capability with best-in-class, can-do toughness. The Power Wagon nameplate was initially produced through 1980. Early trucks were based on the Weapons Carrier (WC) series of Dodge ¾-ton military-use trucks built during World War II. The Power Wagon went on to become a well-known civilian vehicle. The iconic truck was reintroduced in 2005 and now exists as an independent model in the Ram Truck lineup.
About Ram Truck Brand
Since its launch as a stand-alone division in 2009, the Ram Truck brand has steadily emerged as an industry leader with trucks that are proven to last.
Creating a distinct identity for Ram trucks has allowed the brand to concentrate on core customers and the features they find valuable. Whether focusing on a family that uses a Ram 1500 day-in and day-out, a hard-working Ram 3500 Heavy Duty owner or a business that depends on its Ram ProMaster commercial van every day for deliveries, Ram has the truck market covered.
In order to be the best, it takes a commitment to innovation, capability, efficiency and durability. Ram Truck invests substantially in its products, infusing them with great looks, refined interiors, durable engines and exclusive features that further enhance their capabilities.
Ram continues to beat the competition in the most sought-after titles:
- Over the last 30 years, Ram has the highest percentage of pickups still on the road
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
- Highest Ram torque ever – 930 lb.-ft. with Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Highest 5th wheel towing capacity – 30,000 lbs. with Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Best-in-class fuel economy and longest range with exclusive EcoDiesel – 27 mpg with Ram 1500
- Best-in-class gas towing – 16,320 pounds with Ram 2500
- Highest snow plow rating – Ram 2500 and 3500
- Most luxurious trim available in pickups with Ram Tungsten Limited Edition
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power WagonTruck customers, from half-ton to commercial, have a demanding range of needs and require their vehicles to provide high levels of capability. Ram trucks are designed to deliver a total package.
Follow Ram and FCA US news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.fcanorthamerica.com
Ram Truck brand: www.ramtrucks.com
Ram Zone blog: www.ramzone.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/RamTrucks and https://www.facebook.com/FiatChrysler.NorthAmerica/
Instagram: www.instagram.com/ramtrucks and www.instagram.com/FiatChrysler_NA
Twitter: www.twitter.com/RamTrucks and www.twitter.com/FiatChrysler_NA
YouTube: www.youtube.com/RamTrucks and www.youtube.com/fcanorthamerica
For more information, please visit the FCA US LLC media site at http://media.fcanorthamerica.com.
SOURCE FCA US LLC