10 Apr, 2012, 09:18 ET
SIOUX FALLS, S.D., April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LodgeNet Interactive Corporation (NASDAQ: LNET), the leading provider of interactive media and connectivity services to hospitality and healthcare businesses and the consumers they serve, is meeting the increased needs of hoteliers and the higher expectations of bandwidth hungry guests through a new solution based on the award-winning FREEDOM Internet software from DOCOMO Intertouch.
Steve Pofahl, Senior Vice President/General Manager of LodgeNet Broadband, said the company's new solution has been designed to help hotels optimize their economics and guest satisfaction as they serve today's multiple-device travelers. "A few years ago, guests just wanted to get online with their laptops; but now they're traveling with not just laptops, but smartphones and tablets – and they're using them all during the stay," Pofahl said. "With more users and more devices out there than ever, it is critical that our hotel partners have the resources to manage their bandwidth and price their connectivity services as they see fit."
For today's constantly connected travelers, the LodgeNet Broadband solution can enhance their hotel experience by:
- Supporting all of the most common mobile devices including Android™, iPhone®, BlackBerry®, Windows® Mobile and Symbian™ smartphones as well as tablet devices;
- Allowing them to easily switch between their laptop, smartphone and tablet – as often as they want and anywhere on the property – with no extra charges; and,
- Optimizing content for mobile device screens.
For hoteliers, the LodgeNet Broadband solution offers benefits that include:
- Robust bandwidth management, empowering hoteliers to support a tiered pricing structure (for example, a baseline level of connectivity for free with pay-for-use options that escalate in price based on the bandwidth used), while limiting the bandwidth consumed by any single user;
- LodgeNet SOLVE, the company's new Web-based portal that provides real-time updates and aggregate reporting on vital metrics such as guest usage, bandwidth consumption and device uptime;
- Hotel-level branding and customization of the guest portal through color scheme, font style, welcome messaging and more;
- Access to LodgeNet's complete North American service and support organization that includes 24/7 network operations center (NOC) monitoring with remote diagnostics and resolution, a 225-technician field service network and dedicated toll-free helplines for hotel guests and staff; and,
- Special pricing when bundling LodgeNet Broadband and LodgeNet Media services.
"The idea is to give hoteliers and their customers more with less; more performance, control and satisfaction with less equipment, staffing, service issues and expense on the part of the hotel," said Pofahl. "By integrating industry standard Nomadix servers with DOCOMO FREEDOM Internet software and ongoing development by DOCOMO Intertouch, we have the platform hoteliers need to keep up with guests in today's multi-screen, bandwidth intensive world."
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation is the leading provider of interactive media and connectivity services to hospitality and healthcare businesses and the consumers they serve. Recently named by Advertising Age as one of the Leading 100 US Media Companies, LodgeNet Interactive serves approximately 1.6 million hotel rooms worldwide in addition to healthcare facilities throughout the United States. The Company's services include: Interactive Television, Broadband and Advertising Media Solutions along with nationwide technical and professional support services. LodgeNet Interactive Corporation owns and operates businesses under the industry leading brands: LodgeNet, The Hotel Networks and LodgeNet Healthcare. LodgeNet Interactive is listed on NASDAQ and trades under the symbol LNET. For more information, please visit www.lodgenet.com.
LodgeNet and the LodgeNet logo are registered trademarks of LodgeNet Interactive Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE LodgeNet Interactive Corporation
Share this article