DEERFIELD, Ill., Dec. 21, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- In these trying economic times, it's no surprise that one of the top New Year's Resolutions for men in America is to save money. But a shocking new study shows that while men want to reign in their expenses, they'll still splurge when it comes to their sweethearts, even if it's at the expense of dear old mom. According to a nationwide poll conducted by Maxim Magazine and Hornitos™ Premium Tequila, a whopping 46% of men are planning on spending upwards of $350 on the women in their lives this holiday season, but at a breakdown of $250 for significant other and a mere $100 for mom.
The data, culled from more than 3,000 men offers a rare glimpse into the male psyche and the holiday habits of the typical, male instigator. Aside from gauging holiday spending habits, questions were asked about men's favorite holiday movies, how many parties they will attend this holiday season, the one gift they want to receive most and many more.
Among the results:
- The top New Year's Resolution for this year is to save cash (44%), with only 36% of respondents resolving "hit the gym more." Fortunately for Snooki and the gang, a mere 9% vow "to quit watching 'Jersey Shore'," so we can assume the series is safe for Season 3.
- 46% of guys claim they'll spend $250 on gifts for their significant other and only $100 on gifts for their mom. Maybe it's time for a reminder of how she took care of you when you were sick in the 4th grade!
- While holiday instigators are planning on spending big bucks on gifts (and expect the same in return), booze far outweigh their interest in electronics and gadgets, with a substantial 63% of men picking a bottle of premium tequila as their most wanted gift this season over an iPad (21%) or Xbox (9%). And don't you dare get him clothing, as only a mere 7% want to receive duds this holiday season!
- Angelina Jolie is the number one fantasy date to the typical guy's office party (48%) besting Natalie Portman (19%) and Megan Fox (20%) by more than double.
- The holiday cult classic and oft-marathoned "A Christmas Story" (46%) handily beat out "Big" (21%) and "It's a Wonderful Life" (20%) as the instigator's favorite holiday film, proving every man, no matter the age, still covets a BB gun.
"These findings prove that the holiday instigator is willing to spend several hundred dollars on the women in his life, yet all he wants in return is simple – a bottle of premium tequila," said Amy Weisenbach, Director, Tequila & Rum, Beam Global Spirits & Wine.
Senior Editor of Maxim Magazine, Patrick Carone, was also intrigued by the quiz results saying, "We here at Maxim have always known how important women are to men, but now we know exactly which women are important to them."
Hornitos™ Premium Tequila
Hornitos Tequila is part of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Inc. [Fortune Brands, Inc. (NYSE : FO )], the leading American spirits company. The premium tequila is made from 100 percent agave with three variants: Hornitos™ Reposado, Hornitos™ Plata and Hornitos™ Anejo. All variants in the Hornitos line are available in 50 mL, 200 mL, 375 mL, 750 mL, 1 L, and 1.75 L bottles.
Maxim magazine, the largest young men's lifestyle magazine in America reaches more than 12 million readers each month. Maxim Digital encompasses Maxim.com and reaches more than 3 million unique visitors each month. Maxim magazine is published in 24 countries and distributed in 52 territories worldwide
Beam Global Spirits & Wine
Inspiring conversations around the world, Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Inc. is building brands people want to talk about. Consumers from all corners of the globe call for our brands, including Jim Beam® Bourbon, Sauza® Tequila, Canadian Club® Whisky, Courvoisier® Cognac, Maker's Mark® Bourbon, Laphroaig® Scotch Whisky, Cruzan® Rum, EFFEN® Vodka, Larios® Gin, Whisky DYC®, Teacher's® Scotch Whisky, DeKuyper® Cordials and Liqueurs and Knob Creek® Bourbon. Beam Global Spirits & Wine is part of Fortune Brands, Inc. (NYSE : FO ), a leading consumer brands company. For more information on Beam Global Spirits & Wine, its brands, and its commitment to social responsibility, visit www.beamglobal.com and www.drinksmart.com.
Hornitos™ Tequila, 40% alc./vol.
©2010 Sauza Tequila Import Company, Deerfield, Ill.
Always Entertain Responsibly.
This poll is being offered exclusively by Sauza Tequila Import Company, which owns the Hornitos™ Tequila trademark. The trademarks, names associated with any other product or individuals belong to the company/companies identified on those products and individuals. Those companies and individuals do not sponsor, authorize or otherwise endorse Hornitos™ Tequila or this poll.
SOURCE Hornitos(TM) Premium Tequila; Maxim