New car and commercial truck dealers and manufacturer executives from across the globe convene in the Big Easy for four-day event
NEW ORLEANS, Jan. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- More than 22,000 new-car and -truck dealers, including nearly 1,500 attendees from more than 40 countries, and executives from across the industry will convene in New Orleans this weekend for the 2014 National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) Convention & Expo.
The NADA convention, considered the "Automotive Industry Event of the Year," includes 26 dealer-manufacturer franchise meetings, keynote speakers, 174 workshops sessions covering 64 topics with 50 new instructors and 566 exhibitors occupying 700,000 square feet of floor space at the Expo.
"New Orleans looks better than it ever has," said Desmond Roberts, chairman of NADA's convention committee. "The city has been through a lot, but it too has rebounded and thrived just like the auto industry. It's fitting to be in a city as tough and determined as our industry."
The economic impact of the NADA convention on the city of New Orleans will be more than $25 million. This will be the 10th time the NADA convention has been held in the Big Easy since 1973.
The NADA and American Truck Dealers (ATD) Convention & Expo will run concurrently for the third consecutive year.
The four-day convention, which runs Jan. 24-27, will be held at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. For more information, visit www.nadaconvention.org.
- Press Conference Schedule at the 2014 NADA Convention & Expo
- NADA Convention to Feature Social Connection Zone
- Participation in 2014 Dealership Workforce Study Opens to NADA and ATD Members at Convention
- NADA Convention Mobile App for 2014 Now Available
- NADA Convention Offers 174 Workshop Sessions
- NADA Convention: Stay on Schedule in New Orleans with 'myNADAplanner'
- ATD and Heavy Duty Trucking Announce Dealer Nominees for National Award
- Award-Winning Lifestyle and Wellness Experience Returns to NADA Convention & Expo in New Orleans
- NADA Convention Ranked as One of the Most Innovative Meetings for 2013
- ATD Announces Nominees for 2014 Commercial Truck of the Year
- Lt. Gen. Russel Honoré to Address ATD Convention in New Orleans
NADA represents nearly 16,000 new-car and -truck dealerships with 32,000 domestic and international franchises. For more information, visit www.nada.org.
The American Truck Dealers, a division of NADA, represents about 2,000 medium- and heavy-duty truck dealers. ATD members share in NADA's programs, services and benefits. For more information, visit www.atd.org.
SOURCE National Automobile Dealers Association