STAMFORD, Conn., June 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Philips Zoom, the #1 professional teeth whitening brand, and a favorite among brides, conducted a recent survey to explore the emerging trends that couples are incorporating into their weddings and the preparation that goes into them. While new trends have emerged in the day-of festivities, the key to a bride's confidence is often attributed to the preparation behind her wedding look.
- When it comes to her photo, the top stresses shared by brides focus on their personal appearance:
- 1 in 5 brides is worried about the appearance of her teeth.
- When it comes to diets and physical activity, 67% of former brides and brides-to-be admit to working out four or more times per week in preparation for their weddings, with 61% cutting out specific foods – like cheese, sugar and pasta, e.g. – from their diets.
- 2 in 5 plan to or have done a cleanse.
Despite the amount of attention that couples seem to pay to their appearance in preparation for and at their weddings, most are not totally satisfied when they reflect back on the photos taken on their wedding day (70%).
Thirty-five percent of women have discovered the one quick thing that they can check off their list of wedding to-dos to ensure they look their best on their big day: getting their teeth professionally whitened. A confident and healthy smile can go a long way when capturing memories you want to last.
Philips Zoom professional whitening offers an extensive portfolio of products that cater to every person's lifestyle. Each product has been developed with sensitivity in mind, meaning that every person can be assured that their personal needs will be met and accounted for during their treatment. By providing every patient with a fantastic smile, Philips Zoom not only guarantees aesthetic results, but emotional as well, boosting the confidence of every consumer with a bright, white Philips Zoom smile.
As a leader in professional in office treatments, Philips Zoom whitening solutions range in price and type. While Philips Zoom WhiteSpeed can whiten teeth up to eight shades in 45 minutes, Philips Zoom QuickPro delivers a noticeably whiter smile in a 10 minutes in office visit and be tacked on to the end of your dental check-up. With Philips Zoom Take-Home, consumers can reap the benefits of an in-office professional teeth whitening treatment in the comfort of their own home. Philips Zoom's take home products are the only ones in the market with a formula that provides three key ingredients, a proprietary combination that includes amorphous calcium phosphate, potassium nitrate and fluoride.
Despite the traditional focus on appearance, the survey uncovered that new bridal trends are emerging that focus on a bride's individuality:
- When asked about vows, 61% of those who are engaged say they plan on writing their own, and only 28% of those currently engaged say they plan on using standard vows.
- 56% of brides plan to have or had a non-traditional wedding cake.
- 84% of brides plan on leveraging technology in some way for their wedding.
- 4 out of 10 engaged and already married women plan to or did see their spouse before the wedding ceremony.
- 40% of engaged and already married women plan to or had a friend or family member officiate their wedding.
- Almost one in four engaged women plan to include a pet in their wedding ceremony, compared to 13% of married women.
Ultimately, Philips Zoom's insightful survey results reveal that brides everywhere want to make their weddings their own, but also deeply care about looking their best on the big day, and in the memories created from this moment. Philips Zoom is here to help give brides that peace of mind.
The Philips Zoom Bridal Trends survey is a 15-minute survey conducted online by IPSOS with a sample of 501 brides-to-be or recent brides, women ages 18-54 who were either married in the last four years or currently engaged to be married. There was an oversample of 100 brides-to-be/recent brides who have ever used over-the-counter teeth whitening and 100 brides-to-be/recent brides who have ever had their teeth professionally whitened (either in the dentist's office or at home with professional products). The margin of error is +/- 4.4%.
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Philips' wholly owned subsidiary Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2015 sales of EUR 24.2 billion and employs approximately 104,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-philips-zoom-survey-shines-a-light-on-what-keeps-brides-smiling-on-their-wedding-day-300290538.html
SOURCE Royal Philips