AHMEDABAD, India, June 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Zydus Cadila today announced that new data on Saroglitazar have been selected for presentations at the 76th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA from 10-14 June, 2016.
Real-world patient data from several analyses of Saroglitazar will also be presented. Abstracts are available on ADA website. Following is a selection of abstracts that will be presented:
- Abstract #73-OR: Efficacy of dapagliflozin-saroglitazar combination for the treatment of NAFLD in young diabetics (June 11, 2016, 8:00 AM)
- Abstract #1133-P: Study of Saroglitazar in Treatment of Prediabetes with Dyslipidemia (June 12, 2016, 12:00 PM)
- Abstract #1111-P: Antidiabetic Efficacy of Saroglitazar and Its Combinations with Other Drugs in db/db Mice (June 12, 2016, 12:00 PM)
- Abstract #2269-PUB: Effect of Saroglitazar on non HDL-c in Diabetic Dyslipidemia
- Abstract #2182-PUB: Effect of Saroglitazar on Metabolic Parameters in Indian Patients with Diabetic Dyslipidemia - A 40 week, Retrospective Analysis
- Late Breaking Abstract #40-LB: Efficacy and Safety of Saroglitazar in Indian Diabetics- Two-year Data (June 12, 2016, 12:00 PM)
- Late Breaking Abstract #37-LB: One Year Post Marketing Surveillance Study of Saroglitazar in Patient with Diabetic Dyslipidemia (June 12, 2016, 12:00 PM)
Speaking on the announcement, Pankaj R. Patel, Chairman and Managing Director, Zydus Cadila said, "We are developing this candidate for two important indications representing huge unmet medical needs in the USA - NASH and severe hypertriglyceridemia", and added "there are currently no FDA approved therapies for treatment of NASH, and we are committed to developing this agent for millions of patients across the world."
About Lipaglyn™ (Saroglitazar)
Lipaglyn™ (Saroglitazar) is currently approved in India as a prescription medicine for the treatment of Hypertriglyceridemia and Diabetic Dyslipidemia in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes not controlled by statins. The recommended dose of Lipaglyn™ is 4 mg once-a-day. Lipaglyn™ (Saroglitazar) was launched in India during September 2013. Since then more than 300,000 patients have been treated with Lipaglyn™ in India to date, and data has been presented at several scientific and medical conferences.
Zydus Cadila is an innovative, global pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of healthcare therapies, including small molecule drugs, biologic therapeutics and vaccines. The group employs over 19,000 people worldwide, including 1200 scientists engaged in R & D, and is dedicated to creating healthier communities globally. For more information, please visit http://www.zyduscadila.com
SOURCE Zydus Cadila