SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Global business integration solution provider SEEBURGER today announced the integration of its award-winning SEEBURGER Managed File Transfer (SEE MFT) suite for securely exchanging large and/or sensitive files with all iterations of Oracle, including the Oracle E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Siebel and Retek applications. Oracle users can now use SEE MFT to centralize control, governance and compliance over file transfers that exceed email attachment limits or cannot be adequately safeguarded and monitored by FTP, YouSendIt or Dropbox.
"Conventional strategies for transferring large and business-critical files lack important controls such as encryption, role-based access, policy management, central visibility and integrated internal and external file transfer oversight. That leaves organizations at risk for intellectual property loss, regulatory violations and unnecessary overhead," said Rohit Khanna, EVP, Global Strategy and Corporate Development, for SEEBURGER. "SEE MFT addresses the need to both strengthen and streamline file transfer management for robust security, complete auditability and easy administration."
SEEBURGER is demonstrating SEE MFT in Booth #2625 at the Oracle OpenWorld 2011 conference running this week in San Francisco.
Easy to Manage, Easy to Use
A major enhancement to the SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite used by thousands of enterprises for supply chain communications, SEE MFT encrypts, secures, monitors and documents all data transfers both inside and outside the corporate firewall. Files of any kind can be routed through the system for protection and traceability - whether CAD drawings, multimedia files, Power Points, or smaller confidential or regulated Oracle or non-Oracle files containing information such as financial data, price lists, payroll, customer databases or credit card data.
Key SEE MFT features include the ability to:
- Consolidate all file transfer management and logs in one GUI, an industry-first capability that eliminates the overhead of administering and checking separate interfaces for system-to-system, human-to-human and system-to-human file exchange.
- Support unlimited file sizes, overcoming email attachment limitations as well as the 2GB limit of other managed file transfer solutions.
- Establish routing and workflow with built-in business process management (BPM), a SEEBURGER exclusive that eliminates the need to use a third-party BPM solution to define authorized senders and recipients, destination folders by file type, and other policies. The suite's BPEL support also provides the option to use an already-deployed BPM engine.
- Automatically block files with sensitive information based on corporate policy, via ICAP-based integration with leading content-aware data loss protection (DLP) solutions.
- Integrate with Microsoft Outlook and document management systems such as Microsoft SharePoint and EMC Documentum, automatically routing files of specified sizes and types through SEE MFT without any user intervention or change to work habits.
These and other features deliver major administrative benefits – including reducing FTP-related costs and administrative inefficiencies by eliminating multiple FTP servers and replacing them with one centrally managed and governed system.
Optional Integration with B2B/EDI Documentation
In addition to providing the unique ability to manage and track all unstructured human-to-human, human-to-system and system-to-system information exchange under one GUI, SEE MFT can be used in conjunction with the supply chain communication functionality of the SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite to exchange al B2B and EDI supply chain messages through the same gateway. This creates the industry's first single-view management of all supply chain and non-supply chain data exchange.
This unified strategy is unique to SEEBURGER because all components have been developed in-house rather than acquired from multiple vendors and added as plug-ins. Centralizing the transmittal, transformation, integration and tracking of all structured and unstructured business communications within the SEEBURGER hub simplifies the IT infrastructure, reduces the total cost of ownership, provides single-vendor accountability, and streamlines corporate and regulatory compliance efforts.
Other industry-exclusive features of SEE MFT include:
- Unique peer-to-peer file transfer for system-to-system data exchange, eliminating the bottlenecks and scalability problems associated with typical client/server MFT solutions. SEE MFT's peer-to-peer capabilities enable files to flow directly from end point to end point, eliminating the need for the payload to go through an MFT server.
- Automated end point/trading partner provisioning and management, including the ability to check the heartbeats of thousands of SEEBURGER end points, detect temporary outages, and delay file transfer until the problem is resolved.
- Built-in end point translation engine, enabling transmitted data to be converted to the appropriate ERP or other format after it has been decrypted and decompressed rather than requiring separate transfer agents that can trigger outside processes.
- Support for all major platforms, operating systems, and data and communication protocols to ensure use by any enterprise and interoperability with all business and trading partners.
SEE MFT is available immediately as a cloud service offering hosted by SEEBURGER for a low monthly fee, or as a cloud-enabled product that can be purchased as traditional license and hosted either in a private cloud or inside an enterprise network. More information is available at www.seeburger.com/mft or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEEBURGER is a global provider of business integration and secure managed file transfer (MFT) solutions that streamline business processes, reduce operational costs, facilitate governance and compliance, and provide visibility to the farthest edges of the supply chain to maximize ERP effectiveness and drive new efficiencies. All solutions are delivered on a unified, 100% SEEBURGER-engineered platform that lowers the total cost of ownership and reduces implementation time. With more than 25 years in the industry, SEEBURGER today is ranked among the top business integration providers by industry analysts, serves thousands of customers in more than 50 countries and 15 industries, and has offices in Europe, Asia Pacific and North America. For more information, visit www.seeburger.com.