MOUNT PROSPECT, Ill., June 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Advanced DIYers and pro-users asked for a multi-saw with more power, faster cutting speed and improved durability. And Dremel® has answered the call with the introduction of the new Dremel Ultra-Saw™. With a powerful 7.5 amp motor, 4-inch abrasive wheels, longer lasting drivetrain and metal guards, the Ultra-Saw takes on difficult cuts with precision and ease through tough materials like metal, tile, plastic, masonry and wood. Beyond its impressive power, advanced DIYers and pros will also appreciate its compact size and clear line-of-sight for truly clean, efficient cutting.
The 3-in-1 tool goes beyond the expected cutting functions with surface preparation applications including rust, paint and thinset removal. Plus, it still does what advanced DIYers and pro users want from their multi-saw, surfacing, cutting — straight and plunge — and flush cutting with incredible efficiency and clear line-of-sight.
What's more, the brand is celebrating dads who, like the tool, go beyond the expected. Now through June 15, 2014, customers can nominate deserving dads in the Dremel Ultra Dad Contest for a chance to win a grand prize of $5,000 and a Dremel Ultra-Saw to help makeover dad's work space.
"We had the remodeling professional and advanced DIYer in mind when we designed the Dremel Ultra-Saw," said Ed Pchola, product director for Dremel. "Rather than a number of tools, Dremel users wanted one tool to help them with complex projects. As a result, we combined all the applications of the popular Dremel Saw-Max™ with a number of new features and the result is a dynamic, new multi-saw that goes beyond the expected."
Dremel Ultra-Saw Product Features:
- Ultra-Saw 3-in-1 functionality goes beyond the expected:
- Cutting: Multiple cutting wheel options ensure ultra-versatility for cutting wood, tile, laminate flooring, PVC and plastic.
- Flush cutting: A dome-shaped wheel and carbide abrasive facilitate efficient flush cuts in doorjambs and baseboards.
- Surface prep: Specially designed surface prep wheels remove paint, rust and thinset from wood, metal and concrete/brick.
- Increased power and performance with 7.5 amp motor and 4-inch abrasive wheels
- Added durability due to metal foot and guard, which also improves stability and control during difficult applications and lengthy cuts, and improved drivetrain that lasts 3x longer than the Saw-Max
- Adjustable depth for cutting a variety of material thicknesses
- Auxiliary handle for additional control and comfort during surface prep applications
- Onboard dust extraction port to maintain a clean workplace
- Lock-on button for comfort during extended use
- Ultra-Saw system includes seven cutting blade variations, two surface prep blade options, auxiliary handle and storage bag
Catalog Number: US40-01
The Dremel Ultra-Saw, including three cutting blades, a surfacing blade, handle and storage bag, is available nationwide May 2014 at Home Depot and Lowe's and online at Amazon.com for an MSRP of $129.99 USD. For more information on Dremel products, project ideas and problem solving tips, visit www.dremel.com or call Dremel at 1-800-437-3635.
About the Dremel Ultra Dad Contest
Now through June 15, 2014, customers can visit the Dremel Facebook page to nominate a deserving dad for a chance to win. To enter, participants must upload a photo and include a caption that describes why their nominee is an ultra-dad. One nominee will win $5,000 and a new Dremel Ultra-Saw to help makeover his work space. Three runners-up will receive $100 and an Ultra-Saw. And, nominators of winning nominees also win—each will receive $100 and an Ultra-Saw. For rules and to learn more, visit www.facebook.com/dremel.
Since inventing the high-speed rotary tool in 1934, the Dremel brand has expanded its legacy of industry leadership and excellence into a full line of versatile tool systems that deliver the perfect solution for almost any job. Whether it's our Dremel rotary tools, Multi-Max™ oscillating tools, Ultra-Saw™ and Saw-Max™ multi-saws, Fortiflex™ flex shaft tool or another tool in the Dremel family, consumers have come to know and trust the brand to complete their projects. Combining compact size, ergonomic design, precision and versatility, with the wide range of highly engineered accessories, Dremel tools can be used to accomplish a multitude of applications on a variety of materials.
Today, as a wholly owned subsidiary of the Robert Bosch Tool Corporation in Mount Prospect, Ill., Dremel celebrates 82 years in business and maintains its commitment to innovation and quality as the manufacturer of the top-selling rotary tool in the world. Regardless of what the task may be, the Dremel brand is devoted to providing the best tools so users can always experience the satisfaction of a job well done.
Editor's Note: Dremel® is a registered brand name and is used as an adjective to describe the products made by the Dremel brand.