Tours and products in British Columbia, Alberta and Nunavut strengthen Destination Canada-led international marketing program.
Tweet: New tourism businesses from across Canada join our Canadian Signature Experiences collection http://ow.ly/ODYQF #cseecd
VANCOUVER, July 8, 2015 /CNW/ - Destination Canada (DC) is delighted to announce three new members to the Canadian Signature Experiences (CSE) collection. These new experiences add an extra layer of diversity to an already rich DC-led program designed to appeal to international travellers.
The 2015 debutants are:
- Spring Caribou Migration at Arctic Haven Wilderness Adventures on Ennadai Lake, NU: Watch one of nature's rare events, as hundreds of thousands of Qamanirjuaq caribou sweep north to their calving grounds.
- Historic Li-lik-hel Mine Expedition at Copper Cayuse Outfitters in Pemberton, BC: Take a three-day horseback expedition into BC's gold-mining past.
- The Rat's Nest Adventure Tour at Canmore Cave Tours in Canmore, AB: During a spelunker's delight travellers can climb, crawl, slither and rappel on a guided tour.
"Our government recognizes the important contribution that tourism makes to the Canadian economy," said the Honourable Maxime Bernier, Minister of State (Small Business and Tourism, and Agriculture). "Through the Canadian Signature Experiences collection, tourism entrepreneurs do a great job showcasing to the world everything our country has to offer, while creating jobs and growth here at home."
The new additions take the total CSE member list to 186. These unique, once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences from urban gems and active nature pursuits to wilderness and wildlife encounters and connecting with Canada's people and past—differentiate our country in the international tourism marketplace. The program forms an integral part of Canada's Federal Tourism Strategy.
"Our goal is to make Canada an easy destination to buy, to enjoy and to tell others about," says David F. Goldstein, Destination Canada President and CEO. "Canadian Signature Experiences help do that by putting some of our industry's most innovative products front and centre in the window. Along the way, the CSE program helps inspire more entrepreneurs to rise to a new level of international competitiveness."
The CSE program is a brand-alignment and market-development program that is changing international perceptions of travel within Canada. It expands global travellers' horizons as to what Canada has to offer by highlighting those experiences that target their interests. In a new partnership, DC works closely with all 13 Canadian provincial and territorial marketing organizations (PMOs) to build and maintain the list of members. Businesses that want to become part of the program should apply through their PMO.
About Destination Canada:
Destination Canada is Canada's national tourism marketing organization. A federal Crown corporation of the Government of Canada, we lead the Canadian tourism industry in marketing Canada as a premier four-season tourism destination. Our vision is to inspire the world to explore Canada. With our partners in the tourism industry and the governments of Canada, the provinces and the territories, we promote Canada's extraordinary experiences in 11 leisure markets around the world, conduct market research plus provide resources and toolkits to help industry leverage Canada's successful tourism brand, Canada. Keep Exploring. For regular updates on Destination Canada initiatives, subscribe to Destination Canada News or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
Additional web links:
- Canadian Signature Experiences for a comprehensive list of members
- Canadian Signature Experiences Backgrounder for further information on the program
- Tourism Industry Factsheet to learn more about Canada's visitor economy
- Destination Canada corporate profile for key facts and figures about Destination Canada
- Brand Canada Library for rights-ready, free-to-use images and videos
SOURCE Destination Canada