ATHENS, Ga., Oct. 11 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The newly revised Concepts in Clinical Pharmacokinetics, a web-based continuing education course, is available from the University of Georgia. Developed in cooperation with the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, and the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education and College of Pharmacy, the new Online Course is a continuing pharmacy education course on the fundamental principles of absorption, distribution, metabolism, and the elimination of drugs by the human body as well as clinical application, including case studies of commonly dosed drugs.
The new Concepts in Clinical Pharmacokinetics course is designed for clinical or health-system pharmacists, community pharmacists, consultant and compound pharmacists, matriculating professional pharmacy students and participants enrolled in a PharmD program, as well as others already working in the pharmaceutical industry.
"If you're looking to further your knowledge of pharmacokinetics or you're employed by a pharmacy school requiring a solution for matriculating professional students, then our course might be your solution," says Pamela Bracken, Department Head of Special Projects and Curriculum Development at the University of Georgia. "Our continuing education course, led by two of the textbook authors and online course facilitators, Dr. William Spruill and Dr. William Wade, is designed to help professionals and pharmacy students improve their knowledge of fundamental pharmacokinetic concepts."
Concepts in Clinical Pharmacokinetics course options include:
- Option 1: Application-Based, Web-Based Continuing Education Course
- Option 2: Practiced-Based Activity Certificate
- Option 3: Practice-Based Activity Certificate for Advanced Practitioners
- Option 4: Online Course for Pharmacy Schools
The new Concepts in Clinical Pharmacokinetics is a self-paced, self-study, online continuing pharmacy education program offering Interactive media to enhance a participant's learning experience. The comprehensive, state-of-the-art curriculum is divided into eleven modules and five Cases that include:
- Introduction to Pharmacokinetics
- Basic Pharmacokinetics
- Half-life, Elimination Rate Constant and AUC
- Intravenous Bolus Administration, Multiple Drug Administration, and Steady-State Average Concentrations
- Relationships of Pharmacokinetic Parameters and Intravenous Intermittent and Continuous Infusions
- Two-Compartment Models
- Biopharmaceutics: Absorption
- Drug Distribution and Protein Binding
- Drug Elimination Processes
- Nonlinear Processes
- Pharmacokinetic Variation and Model Independent Relationships
Five Cases (Available in Option #2 and Option #3)
The new course, based on the bestselling textbook of the same title, Concepts in Clinical Pharmacokinetics, 5th Edition, presented by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, is rich in multimedia elements that expand on the text and stimulate learning.
The University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education is a unit of the University of Georgia's Office of the Vice President for Public Service and Outreach. The Georgia Center provides innovative lifelong learning opportunities through its continuing education programs. For more information, go to www.georgiacenter.uga.edu/ppd.
SOURCE University of Georgia