AUSTIN, Texas, April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today announced NI LabVIEW software- and NI hardware-compatible mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices, helping engineers integrate the latest mobile technology into their applications. By combining the portability, ease of use, faster start-up time and longer battery longevity of mobile devices with the power of LabVIEW, engineers can more productively access measurement data from data acquisition and embedded monitoring systems.
"Smartphones and tablets are game-changers for the test and measurement industry," said Ray Almgren, NI vice president of product marketing core platforms. "These new apps combine the portability of mobile devices with the power of LabVIEW, helping engineers increase their productivity and meet the latest application challenges."
Data Dashboard for LabVIEW, Data Dashboard Mobile for LabVIEW
- Remotely view PC or embedded measurements from LabVIEW on iPad, iPhone and Android mobile devices using a combination of charts, gauges, text indicators and LEDs
- Visualize distributed measurements from LabVIEW programmable devices, such as NI CompactRIO
- Connect to networked-published shared variables or Web service data without Web or app programming
NI cDAQ-9191 Data Display
- Directly connect wireless NI CompactDAQ hardware to iOS and Android devices using new technology featured on NI Labs
- Configure, visualize and save measurements without a PC or tethered display
- Program custom apps that connect to wireless NI CompactDAQ devices with the cDAQ-9191 Web API
- NI also released several apps for learning basic LabVIEW concepts, displaying DAQ device pinouts, learning common electric circuits and managing support requests
Readers can visit www.ni.com/mobile/ to learn more about the new mobile apps.
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (www.ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI's graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company's long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
CompactRIO, LabVIEW, National Instruments, NI, NI CompactDAQ and ni.com are trademarks of National Instruments. Other product and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
Editor Contact: Sarah Beck, (512) 683-5126
Reader Contact: Ernest Martinez, (800) 258-7022
SOURCE National Instruments