NI Test Solutions for 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth Low-Energy Technology Deliver Flexibility and Performance Through User-Programmable FPGAs
- The new NI bundle for 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth low-energy technology test combines the NI WLAN Measurement Suite with the FPGA-based NI PXIe-5644R vector signal transceiver (VST) and NI LabVIEW for a high-performance, software-designed test system.
- The NI test solutions for 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth provide industry-leading error vector magnitude (EVM) performance and up to 5X gains in production test throughput compared to traditional box instrumentation.
27 Aug, 2012, 12:45 ET
AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today introduced test solutions for 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth low-energy technology that combine NI graphical system design software and modular, FPGA-based PXI instrumentation to provide high-performance test capabilities that are completely user-programmable. These test solutions along with other cellular, navigation and wireless connectivity solutions from NI, help engineers thoroughly test their devices on a single high-performance platform.
"Using the software-designed vector signal transceiver and the WLAN measurement suite, we improved our test speeds by more than 200 times compared to traditional rack-and-stack instruments while also significantly improving test coverage," said Doug Johnson, director of engineering at Qualcomm Atheros.
- Ideal for characterization and production test with best-in-class RMS EVM of -46 dB for 256 QAM
- Ability to perform measurements and custom algorithms in the onboard FPGA of the NI PXIe-5644R VST for faster measurements and real-time test
Click to Tweet: Testing 802.11ac WLAN just got way faster and easier with new @NIGlobal test solution http://bit.ly/Phf43E
Readers can learn more with these resources:
- NI PXI Express Product Page: www.ni.com/80211ac
- White Paper: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14058/en
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (www.ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI's graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company's long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
Pricing and Contact Information
WLAN Measurement Suite priced* from $6,499; €5,749; ¥694,000
Bluetooth Measurement Suite priced* from $3,999; €3,549; ¥427,000
*All prices are subject to change without notice.
11500 N Mopac Expwy, Austin, Texas 78759-3504
Tel: (800) 258-7022, Fax: (512) 683-9300
Email: [email protected]
LabVIEW, National Instruments, NI and ni.com are trademarks of National Instruments. The Bluetooth® word mark is a registered trademark owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Other product and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
Editor Contact: Sarah Beck, (512) 683-5126
SOURCE National Instruments
Share this article