WASHINGTON, Oct. 14, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The annual RAND Behavioral Finance Forum, in partnership with the Aspen Institute and in collaboration with the Institute for the Future, will host a day-long conference in Washington, D.C., titled "Consumer Financial Decision Making: Implications for the Changing Landscape of Technology, the On-Demand Workforce and Health-Care Choices."
On September 15, 2015, President Obama signed Executive Order 13707 to encourage federal agencies to utilize behavioral science research and insights in policy decisions. The Forum will explore the evolving and more complex nature of behavioral finance decision making in the context of the emerging on-demand workforce and the post-Affordable Care Act era.
Presentations and panel discussions will examine the evidence base in behavioral economics and finance and explore implications for the future.
WHO: Opening Remarks:
- Maya Shankar, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, senior advisor for the behavioral sciences; chair, Social and Behavioral Sciences Team
- Robert Shiller, Sterling Professor of Economics, Yale University, Nobel Laureate in Economics, 2013; author, "Phishing for Phools: The Economics of Manipulation and Deception"
Spotlight Panel: Technology
- Devin Fidler, Institute for the Future, director, Workable Futures Initiative
- Maureen Conway, Aspen Institute, executive director, Economic Opportunities Program
- Ryan Falvey, Center for Financial Services Innovation, director, Financial Solutions Lab
- Moderator: Krishna Kumar, RAND senior economist and director, Labor and Population Unit
Spotlight Panel: Health
- Lynn Quincy, Consumers Union, director, Health Care Value Hub
- Rachel Maguire, Institute for the Future, research director, Health Finance
- Mike McGinnis, National Academy of Medicine, executive director, Leadership Consortium for Value and Science Driven Health Care
- Deborah Freund, O'Neill-Alcoa Chair in Policy Analysis at the RAND Corporation.
- Moderator: Ruth Katz, Aspen Institute, director, Health Medicine and Society Program
WHEN: Wednesday, October 21, 2015
WHERE: Aspen Institute
One Dupont Circle, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20036
Public registration: http://www.rand.org/events/2015/10/21/register.html
MEDIA CONTACT: For media registration please contact, Kirsten Holguin, RAND Office of Media Relations, (310) 393-0411 ext. 7296 –– [email protected]
The RAND Corporation is a nonprofit institution that helps improve policy and decisionmaking through research and analysis. To sign up for RAND e-mail alerts: http://www.rand.org/newsletters.html
RAND is a registered trademark
SOURCE The Aspen Institute