LONDON, June 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) announced today that it has been appointed to provide global custody and investment accounting services to GBP1.1bn (approximately US$1.7bn) in insurance assets for specialist insurer, Beazley.
As a top five Lloyd's managing agent, Beazley manages five Lloyd's syndicates. Beazley writes insurance and reinsurance business in the United States on a surplus lines basis through Lloyd's syndicates, as well as through Beazley Insurance Company Inc., a U.S. insurance company, licensed to write on an admitted basis in most U.S. states. During 2009, Beazley underwrote gross insurance premiums of 1.1bn pounds Sterling.
"We appointed Northern Trust following a review to consolidate our asset servicing arrangements," said Richard Kelley, Financial Controller at Beazley. "Northern Trust has proven expertise in servicing insurance assets across the globe and a deep understanding of the Lloyd's insurance market.
"We are delighted to have been appointed by Beazley," said Douglas Gee, UK institutional business development manager for asset servicing at Northern Trust. "The insurance market is an area of significant focus for Northern Trust. Increasingly, we are seeing a trend towards global insurance clients looking for more sophisticated administration services for their investment portfolios, freeing them up to focus on their core business. We cater to this need by giving our clients access to the precise information they require, when they want it, as well as delivering the optimal product solutions they need in order to manage their assets."
Northern Trust provides the full range of asset servicing and asset management solutions – from global custody, to investment operations outsourcing, to sub-advisory services – to a broad spectrum of insurance clients across the globe. Northern Trust's insurance client base and expertise encompass life, general, pensions, protection and indemnity, captives and the specialist Lloyd's insurance market in the UK.
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust Corporation (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a leading provider of investment management, asset and fund administration, banking solutions and fiduciary services for corporations, institutions and affluent individuals worldwide. Northern Trust, a financial holding company based in Chicago, has offices in 18 U.S. states and 16 international locations in North America, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region. As of March 31, 2010, Northern Trust had assets under custody of US$3.7 trillion, and assets under investment management of US$647.3 billion. For 120 years, Northern Trust has earned distinction as an industry leader in combining exceptional service and expertise with innovative products and technology. For more information, visit www.northerntrust.com.
Northern Trust Corporation, Head Office: 50 South La Salle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603 U.S.A., incorporated with limited liability in the U.S.
The Northern Trust Company, London Branch (reg. no. BR001960), Northern Trust Global Investments Limited (reg. no. 03929218) and Northern Trust Global Services Limited (reg. no. 04795756) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
The material within and any linked material accessed via this communication is directed to eligible counterparties and professional clients only and should not be distributed to or relied upon by retail investors. For Asia-Pacific markets, it is directed to institutional investors, expert investors and professional investors only and should not be relied upon by retail investors.
- Northern Trust (Guernsey) Limited, Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Guernsey) Limited, Northern Trust Fiduciary Company (Guernsey) Limited and Northern Trust International Fund Administration Services (Guernsey) Limited are licensed by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission.
- Northern Trust International Fund Administrators (Jersey) Limited and Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Jersey) Limited are regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission.
- Northern Trust International Fund Administration Services (Ireland) Limited and Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Ireland) Limited are regulated by the Financial Regulator.
- Northern Trust Global Services Limited has a Netherlands Branch which is authorised and regulated in the Netherlands by De Nederlandsche Bank.
- Northern Trust Global Services Limited has a Luxembourg Branch which is authorised and regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF).
- Northern Trust Luxembourg Management Company S.A. is regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF).
- Northern Trust Global Services Limited operates in Abu Dhabi as a Representative Office, Licence number 13/238/2008 which is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates.
- The Northern Trust Company operates in Canada as The Northern Trust Company, Canada Branch which is an authorized foreign bank branch under the Bank Act (Canada). Trustee related services in Canada are provided by the wholly owned subsidiary The Northern Trust Company, Canada, an authorized trust company under the Trust & Loans Companies Act (Canada). Deposits with The Northern Trust Company and its affiliates and subsidiaries are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- The Northern Trust Company operates in Australia as a foreign authorised deposit-taking institution (foreign ADI) and is regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
- The Northern Trust Company of Hong Kong Limited is a securities company regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission.
- The Northern Trust Company has a Singapore Branch which is a foreign wholesale bank regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- The Northern Trust Company operates in China as a Representative Office and is regulated by the China Banking Regulatory Commission.
- Northern Trust Global Investments Japan, K.K. is regulated by the Japan Financial Services Agency.
- Northern Trust Global Services Ltd (UK) Sweden Filial is Authorised by the Financial Services Authority and subject to regulation by the Finansinspektionen.
SOURCE Northern Trust Corporation