PHOENIX, June 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Notebowl, a social learning platform that simplifies classroom management and communication based in Scottsdale, Ariz., announced it is partnering with Canvas, a modern learning management system (LMS) that makes teaching and learning easier for educators and students that is used by more than 2,000 universities, school districts and institutions across the world.
Notebowl is now making available a seamless integration putting the social learning platform directly inside of Canvas. This integration allows users to access Notebowl at any time using the Notebowl button, and it also includes unique social features for discussion boards, classrooms and communities.
"We are very excited to bring Notebowl to Canvas so millions of educators and students can realize the benefits of social learning," said Andrew Chaifetz, Founder and CEO at Notebowl. "Just like Apple did with its iPhone App Store, we believe the LMS is similar as a technology. You can access platforms like Facebook, Snapchat and Twitter from your phone. It should be just as easy to access any app including Notebowl from any LMS."
The Notebowl and Canvas partnership provides several main points of interoperability that make using Canvas and Notebowl seamless. Those points are:
- Social News Feed: This new integration brings a news feed style to classrooms and communities, which allows users to post, comment and interact organically.
- Discussion Boards: Users can create and utilize social discussion boards as assignments, that teachers can easily grade with analytics.
- Notifications: Personalized notifications are accessible from the homepage and throughout the environment.
- Communities: Students and teachers now have the ability to create, discover and collaborate with groups, clubs and organizations.
- Real-time: Assignments, content and grades sync in real-time.
- Single sign-on: When users are logged into Canvas, they're also logged into Notebowl
"We are pleased to partner with Notebowl and integrate their social learning platform for teachers and students using Canvas," said Melissa Loble, Vice President of Platform and Partnerships at Instructure. "Notebowl's social learning approach to collaboration in classrooms and communities is a valuable addition to the Canvas experience. The platform's ability to foster teacher-to-student and student-to-student engagement can enhance student retention and overall success. Now teachers, students and administrators alike can use Notebowl's best tools directly inside of Canvas."
To learn more, visit our blog at https://blog.notebowl.com
Notebowl (www.notebowl.com) is a next generation social learning platform that simplifies classroom management and communication. Created with the student experience in mind, Notebowl blends social media with learning management to create an easy, engaging teaching and learning environment for faculty and students. This social environment can also extend beyond courses into campus life to help students succeed both inside and outside the classroom.
Notebowl Media Contact
Ian Bartczak, Growth
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/notebowl-and-canvas-announce-partnership-300476791.html