Novatel Wireless Showcases 10 New 4G Solutions With OEM Partners and Verizon Wireless at CES 2012
Jan 10, 2012, 12:10 ET
LAS VEGAS and BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Jan. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- From the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Novatel Wireless (NASDAQ: NVTL) announced they are showcasing an array of mobile computing, mobile Internet and media platforms utilizing the Novatel Wireless Expedite® E362 PCI Express Mini Card running on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, including:
- Ambient Smart Grid Communication Node – a network device designed to support utility applications on the distribution grid supporting Smart Metering, Distribution Automation, Distribution Management, Demand Response, Distributed Generation and more.
- BL Healthcare Access Tablet – an all-in-one, touchscreen, remote care patient management platform that provides vital sign monitoring, interactive messaging and queries, multimedia education, and multi-party video conferencing.
- Consert Smart Meter – a solution designed to create a more reliable electric grid by offering real-time, integrated load management through the pairing of utility and consumer offerings.
- In Motion In-Vehicle Router/Gateway – a "Mobile ER" with real-time mobile video and voice that is essential to improving EMS operations and patient care.
- Manley Solutions Air Quality Monitor – a 4G LTE-enabled air quality monitor that delivers Multi-Point Indoor Air Quality Sensors utilizing wireless telemetry communication. This product will provide healthcare professionals with a clear look into a patient's living and working conditions.
- Manley Solutions Alarm Panel Tablet – a 4G LTE-enabled Control Panel that delivers Multi-Point Alarm Sensors utilizing wireless telemetry communication. This device enables user control and monitoring of a home or office through the use of sensors and video surveillance.
- Seagate Personal Cloud – a pocket-sized, rechargeable personal server, compatible with all iOS, Android™, and Windows® smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs to match a user's wireless lifestyle without the need for power cords or USB cables and provide access to 500 GB of content on the go.
- Systech Financial/POS Gateway – a single device that connects a wide range of retail equipment (POS, building management, security, etc.) into a single and secure network.
- VGo Robotic Telepresence – an all-in-one robotic telepresence solution that serves as a productivity improvement solution that enables a person to replicate himself or herself in a distant location with the freedom to move around as if they were physically there.
- TouchTunes Virtuo – an Interactive Media Center/Juke Box that provides an interactive entertainment, advertising and commerce network, reaching and engaging consumers online and in-venue where they socialize, dine and shop.
"All over the world, we are witnessing the growth of intelligent devices and the demand for anytime, anywhere access in businesses, homes and institutions," said Rob Hadley, chief marketing officer, Novatel Wireless. "As manufacturers across all industries continue to roll out next-generation products, we're working with leading OEM partners and Verizon Wireless to show how intelligent devices can truly improve processes and enhance quality of life."
Verizon Wireless leads the way in 4G with the largest 4G LTE network and most reliable 4G network in the United States, which now covers more than 200 million people in 190 markets.
Verizon established its Innovation Program to encourage collaboration and help advance the 4G LTE ecosystem. The company's LTE Innovation Center in Waltham, Mass., and its Application Innovation Center in San Francisco were created to inspire, enable and develop non-traditional devices, services and applications that take advantage of Verizon Wireless' industry-leading wireless networks. Through the Innovation Program, Verizon seeks to expand the possibilities of 4G LTE by working with diverse companies, from start-ups to established players, in industries representing a broad range of verticals.
The solutions showcased with Novatel Wireless' embedded modules are a result of collaborations fostered at Verizon Wireless' LTE Innovation Center over the last few years. Developing on the proven performance of the Expedite product line, Novatel Wireless' Expedite™ E362 first-to-market LTE embedded module is optimized for power efficiency, thermal performance and weight.
For more information about Verizon at CES, visit www.verizonwireless.com/ces or follow Verizon Wireless news on Twitter at @VZWnews. Visit www.novatelwireless.com for more information about Novatel Wireless.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 107.7 million total wireless connections, including 90.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Novatel Wireless
Novatel Wireless, Inc. is a leader in the design and development of intelligent wireless solutions based on 2G, 3G and 4G technologies providing wireless connectivity. The company delivers specialized wireless solutions to carriers, distributors, retailers, OEMs and vertical markets worldwide. Product lines include MiFi Intelligent Mobile Hotspots, Ovation USB modems, Expedite embedded modules, Enfora smart M2M modules, and Enfora integrated M2M solutions. These innovative products provide anywhere, anytime communications solutions for consumers and enterprises. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Novatel Wireless is listed onNASDAQ: NVTL. For more information please visit www.nvtl.com. (NVTLG)
This release may contain forward-looking statements, which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended to date. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements contained herein. These factors include risks relating to technological changes, new product introductions, continued acceptance of Novatel Wireless' products and dependence on intellectual property rights. These factors, as well as other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, are discussed in more detail in Novatel Wireless' filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (available at www.sec.gov) and other regulatory agencies.
© 2012 Novatel Wireless, Inc. All rights reserved. The Novatel Wireless name and logo, Expedite are trademarks of Novatel Wireless, Inc. Other Company, product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless
Share this article