VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Jan. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- New research finds that hackers are more frequently turning to massive account takeover and new account creation attacks when it comes to data fraud, but these types of attacks aren't caught by conventional fraud detection techniques. Hackers are using increasingly sophisticated methods to steal data and circumvent apprehension. Additional information is available at: http://tinyurl.com/l5ahlo4
Cyber criminals are expanding their tactics and adapting their techniques to carry out cyber attack campaigns in ways that make it harder to detect and analyze. The top three trends that NuData Security's threat intelligence has found is that attackers are:
- Attempting to circumvent velocity detection by spreading account attacks out through the use of multiple IP addresses and accounts
- Matching IP addresses to the billing addresses on the stolen credit cards they are using
- Using IP addresses an average of just two times each before moving on to the next one
NuData Security uses continuous behavioral analysis to prevent fraud online, protecting businesses from brand damage and financial loss caused by fraudulent or malicious acts.
- NuData Security defends organizations from the potential harm of these sophisticated attacks by using psychological principals as part of its fraud solution, NuDetect
- NuDetect significantly improves on traditional device identity and delivers far more intelligence at the same time, without the need to interrupt a user's experience by tracking and monitoring subconscious behaviors
- Behavioral analysis is able to identify suspicious activity, potentially coming from a fraudster who has procured legitimate account credentials, and stop any deceitful transactions from taking place
Ryan Wilk, director, customer success, NuData Security, said:
"The key is to focus on complex behavioral biometrics by leveraging vast amounts of data to gain the best understanding of who is really responsible for a transaction. With a continuous behavioral analysis system, organizations gain the ability to identify suspicious activity and block further account actions when necessary. Behavioral analysis has the potential to significantly reduce the damages victims of any breach suffer, adding an additional layer of protection when they need it most."
About NuData Security
NuData Security predicts and prevents online fraud, protecting businesses from brand damage and financial loss caused by fraudulent or malicious attacks. NuData Security analyzes and scores billions of users per year and services some of the largest ecommerce and Web properties around the globe. Additional information is available at: http://nudatasecurity.com/
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
SOURCE NuData Security