PERTH, Australia, and SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Nuheara Inc., the maker of IQbuds™, truly intelligent wireless earbuds that allow people to hear what they want to hear, today announced the company has sold out of its allocated units for sale in 2016 and are on schedule to commence shipping late December.
With commitments of nearly 4,000 units from 3,500 backers in 82 countries from its Indiegogo campaign and forward orders from select retailers in the USA and Australia, Nuheara today launches its online store to accept pre-orders for availability for the first quarter 2017.
Nuheara's intelligent IQbuds™ are a cross between an assistive listening device, noise cancelling headset and Bluetooth earpiece in two completely wireless earbuds, allowing people to augment their hearing experience. Nuheara has named this 'blended hearing,' which is achieved using their proprietary software called SINC™ (Super Intelligent Noise Cancellation). SINC™ allows you to dynamically control how you hear the world around you for a more personalized hearing experience.
The hearables sector is gaining a lot of attention of late with new wireless earbuds coming on to the market. Nuheara IQbuds™ deliver a significantly more enhanced consumer experience than just listening to music or making calls. "Our vision from the outset has been to take really sophisticated hearing technology, miniaturize it into two beautifully designed, truly wireless earbuds and enable users to connect to and dynamically blend their physical and digital worlds," said David Cannington, EVP and co-founder of Nuheara. "The result is that IQbuds™ are so much smarter than all other hearables on the market today."
Nuheara IQbuds™ features include:
- Advanced Speech Amplification - enhance your ability to hear speech in crowded restaurants, pubs, parties, networking events, conferences. Never miss another word again.
- Dynamic Noise Control - selectively tune in or out the world around you with Nuheara's Super Intelligent Noise Cancellation (SINC™) technology.
- Blended Physical and Digital Worlds - create the best blend of your digital audio streams and the sounds around you for situational awareness.
- High Fidelity Audio - seamlessly stream all your favorite music and audio content with high quality stereo sound and no wires, anywhere, ever.
- Hands Free Phone Calls – accept and manage your phone calls with a simple tap touch on the IQbuds™.
- Comfortable, Secure Fit - sweat-proof, water resistant and designed for comfort, IQbuds™ are perfect for all day use.
- Customizable iOS and Android App - Apple iOS and Android compatible, Nuheara's easy-to-use app allows you to personalize augmented hearing and remember your hearing profiles.
"If you are going to make a hearable today, it needs to be more than just a 'nice-to-have' – it needs to be super intelligent and actually improve the human condition," said Justin Miller, CEO and co-founder of Nuheara. "Our augmented hearing is improving people's lives in a real way, in their everyday experiences. Whether it allows you to better hear a baby's cry for help, layers a co-worker's voice above streamed music, enhances conversations in noisy restaurants or allows a bicycle courier to hear a truck backing into their space, an improved life is at the core of every IQbud we build here at Nuheara."
"It's an exciting time in the hearables sector," said Nick Hunn, CTO at WiFore Consulting, and who coined the term 'hearables' in 2014. "Early products did not always live up to expectations. Apple's entry should dispel consumer concerns about quality, but they are only offering audio streaming. If companies like Nuheara deliver on their production and technology innovation promises, we should see rapid and dynamic growth in the market."
Starting today, consumers can pre-order IQbuds™ for US$299. Nuheara IQbuds™ will start shipping and be available for purchase at retail locations in the USA in the first quarter of 2017.
For more information about Nuheara, please visit: http://www.nuheara.com/
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nuheara-sells-out-2016-allotment-of-iqbuds-opens-online-store-for-2017-orders-300343333.html
SOURCE Nuheara Inc.