HOUSTON, Dec. 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The editors of Oil and Gas Investor are pleased to announce the 25 Influential Women In Energy honorees. These outstanding professionals will be recognized at the second annual Women In Energy Luncheon February 12, 2019, at the Hilton Americas, Houston.
The 2019 Pinnacle Award will be presented to Dr. M. Katherine Banks, Texas A&M University's Vice Chancellor of Engineering and National Laboratories. Presented by Schlumberger, the Pinnacle Award recognizes Banks for her dedication to future engineers. Banks leads one of the largest engineering schools in the country, with more than 16,900 students and 500 faculty. She serves as Dean of Engineering, University Distinguished Professor and holder of the Harold J. Haynes Dean's Chair in Engineering.
Banks is also the director of the Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) where she has overseen research administration for 4,800 research projects and $208 million in sponsored research. Her dedication has helped position Texas A&M engineering students at the forefront of today's industry.
Closing the luncheon, keynote speaker Susan Helms, retired Lieutenant General in the United States Air Force and former NASA astronaut, will share insights from her military and aerospace career. Helms currently serves on Concho Resources' Board of Directors. Her accomplishments include service as commander, 14th Air Force; commander, Joint Functional Component Command for Space at Vandenberg Air Force Base; five shuttle missions; and a five-month stay at the International Space Station.
The 25 Influential Women in Energy award honors professionals who have excelled in sectors across the oil and gas industry, including exploration and production, acquisitions and divestitures, oilfield services, midstream and finance. This year's honorees are:
- Maria Borras, President & CEO, Oilfield Services, Baker Hughes, a GE Company
- Barbara Burger, President, Chevron Technology Ventures
- Denise Cox, President, American Association of Petroleum Geologists; President, Storm Energy
- Helima Croft, Managing Director, RBC Capital Markets
- Susan Cunningham, Senior Advisor, Darcy Partners
- Lisa Davis, Member of Managing Board, Siemens AG
- Susan Dio, Chairman & President, BP America Inc.
- Christine Economides, PhD, William C. Miller Endowed Chair, Professor of Petroleum Engineering, University of Houston
- Kathleen M. Eisbrenner, Founder & Chairman, Next Decade LNG
- Becca Followill, Senior Managing Director, U.S. Capital Advisors
- Robin Fredrickson, Partner, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Laura Fulton, Chief Financial Officer, Hi-Crush Partners LP
- Jennifer Grigsby, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, Ascent Resources LLC
- Diana Hoff, Vice President of Operations, Antero Resources Corp.
- Jill Lampert, Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, NGP Energy Capital Management
- Mary Ellen Lutey, Senior Vice President & Regional Manager – South Texas & Gulf Coast, SM Energy Co.
- Maria Mejia, Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, Ulterra Drilling Technologies
- Niloufar Molavi, Global & U.S. Energy Leader, PwC
- Lees Rodionov, President, North America Land, Schlumberger
- Robin Russell, Deputy Managing Partner, Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
- Michele Tyson, Underwriting Manager, IndemCo
- Olivia C. Wassenaar, Partner, Apollo Global Management
- Gretchen Watkins, President, Shell Oil Co.
- Cynthia Welch, Partner & President of Geosciences, Resonance Resources LLC
- Melinda Yee, Partner, M&A Transaction Services, Deloitte & Touche LLP
About Hart Energy
For more than 40 years, Hart Energy editors and experts have delivered market-leading insights to investors and energy industry professionals. The Houston-based company produces award-winning magazines (such as Oil and Gas Investor, E&P and Midstream Business); online news and data services; in-depth industry conferences (like the DUG™ series); GIS data sets and mapping solutions; and a range of research and consulting services. For information, visit hartenergy.com.
SOURCE Hart Energy