AMELIA ISLAND, Fla., April 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort will present the fourth annual "Fish to Fork" culinary weekend on May 18-21, 2017, with a portion of the proceeds benefitting Omni Hotels & Resorts' Say Goodnight to Hunger program.
Daven Wardynski, the Amelia Island resort's Executive Chef and host of the event, welcomes visitors to the coastal oasis for a weekend of exciting culinary conquests.
"It is an honor and privilege to welcome eight renowned fellow chefs to our home," Wardynski said. "This type of collaborative and creative experience offers guests a unique opportunity to celebrate food within the perfect island setting."
Offering an unmatched foodie experience — including true farm-to-table and dock-to-dish specialties — "Fish to Fork" will challenge chefs to showcase their skills with a fishing excursion in collaboration with Amelia Island charter captains. The main event, scheduled from 6-10 p.m. on May 20, includes an individual and group challenge, where chefs will showcase the versatility and quality of the island's native ingredients. Tickets are available for $125 each.
During the individual challenge, chefs will incorporate the fish they catch to create a signature dish in hopes to be a guest favorite. To up the ante, a secret ingredient will be unveiled that must be incorporated into the dish. Later in the evening, the team challenge will divide competing chefs into groups that go head to head against a clock to create a winning dish. The chefs will ultimately be tested with a live vote from guests who sample the individual and team dishes.
This year's competitors include:
- Joey Ward: Executive Chef at Atlanta's famous Gunshow restaurant; named one of Zagat's "30 Under 30 People Redefining the Hospitality Industry."
- James Petrakis: Chef/owner of Orlando's Ravenous Pig; James Beard nominee, receiving praise from publications including Food & Wine, Saveur, and Southern Living.
- Russell Jones: Previous Executive Chef at award-winning Jack Rose Dining Saloon; recent Owner/Founder of Columbia, South Carolina's Tallulah.
- Waylon Rivers: One of Jacksonville's most respected and innovative chefs; Executive Chef at Black Sheep Restaurant.
- Tenney Flynn: Based in New Orleans and known as one of the country's foremost seafood authorities; two-time winner of "New Orleans Magazine's Chef of Year;" national appearances on Top Chef, Live With Kelly and Fox & Friends.
- Brad Kilgore: Well-recognized Miami-based chef with more than 10 years of experience; owner of Alter; named "Best New Chef" by Food & Wine in 2016.
- Shuai Wang: Owner/operator of the Short Grain food truck in Charleston; received praise for his untraditional Japanese cuisine; Eater Young Gun winner.
- Mike Mastrantuono: Named in FSR Magazine's 2016 "40 under 40" List; Executive Chef at Roux in Singerlands, NY.
Guests will also have the opportunity to cast a line alongside the chefs, indulge in an intimate dinner with the competitors, and relish in an exclusive chef-led multicourse meal and private wine-paired dining experiences. The resort is offering a host of packages that include well-appointed accommodations plus:
Weekend Package: May 19-21, $1,419 per room, plus taxes and fees
- Two nights in luxurious oceanfront accommodations
- Friday night wine-paired dinner for two
- Saturday beach lunch
- Two tickets to Saturday night's main event
Main Event Package: May 20-21, $589 per room, plus taxes and fees
- One night in luxurious oceanfront accommodations
- Two tickets to Saturday night's main event
For information about "Fish to Fork," visit www.FishToForkWeekend.com or call 1-888-261-6161.
About Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort at 39 Beach Lagoon Road in Amelia Island, FL is just north of Jacksonville and nestled between the Atlantic Ocean, lush marshlands and the Intracoastal Waterway. Situated on 1,350 acres, the resort features 404 guest rooms and suites, over 300 one-, two- and three-bedroom villas, 80,000 square feet of meeting space, 10 restaurants, three pools, 54 holes of championship golf, 23 tennis courts, a fitness center and numerous recreational activities. For information, visit www.omniameliaislandplantation.com or call 1-904-261-6161. Like Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort on Facebook and follow the resort on Twitter.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/omni-amelia-island-plantation-resort-to-host-fourth-annual-fish-to-fork-culinary-weekend-300444216.html
SOURCE Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort