BROOKFIELD, Wis., May 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- OnCourse Learning Real Estate is now offering the Virtual Study Program, comprised of live webinars from 7-9 p.m. ET every Wednesday on key topics of interest for all of its real estate prelicense students. The webinars are offered at no extra cost to students enrolled in one of OnCourse Learning's three real estate continuing education and license training schools: ProSchools, Career Webschool or California License.
"Our Virtual Study Program merges online and live learning, bringing a sense of community to the online learning environment," said Eric Solecki, vice president of product management for OnCourse Learning Real Estate. "These webinars also provide students with the added support of knowledgeable instructors. Each one is an expert in the field."
Bridging the gap between a brick-and-mortar education and online learning, these webinars give students the opportunity to ask questions of the instructor and interact with peers. They also prepare students to succeed on state real estate exams and in a real estate career.
OnCourse Learning Real Estate student Paul Garczynski, a Texas resident who takes Career Webschool courses, said he finds the topics of each Virtual Study Program session timely and educational. "The instructor is extremely informative in her delivery and creates a better understanding for me as I progress [through my studies]," Garczynski said. "As an online student, these classes are very valuable."
The program is comprised of eight sessions — each on a stand-alone topic — enabling students to join any week during the program without the worry of being behind. Students can review recorded sessions they have missed.
The Virtual Study Program consists of the following modules:
- Ownership & Property Rights Module covers the topics of ownership rights, bundling rights, freehold and leasehold, the differences between real and personal property, property ownership types, easements, and covenants and fixtures.
- Title Transfers Module explains voluntary and involuntary alienation, types of deeds, title assurance and insurance.
- Land Use Module discusses government powers — zoning and eminent domain and private powers — covenants and liens, and legal descriptions.
- Contracts Module covers contract types, terms and elements; the Uniform Electronic Transmission Act; terminating a contract; and state law impact on contracts.
- Finance Module explains mortgages, deeds, trusts and notes; mortgage loan types; defaulting; short sales and foreclosure; and primary and secondary mortgage markets.
- Agency Relationships Module discusses agency terms, agency responsibilities, types of agencies and listing contracts.
- Valuation Practices Module covers agent and appraiser roles in valuation, concepts of valuation and the three major valuation approaches.
- Federal Laws Module reviews fair housing, federal income tax, environmental hazards, capital gains calculations and salaried agents versus independent contractors.
Attendees who enroll in OnCourse Learning's prelicense schools can take advantage of the Virtual Study Program.
ProSchools is the leader in online prelicensure and continuing education for insurance, mortgage and real estate professionals, offering state- and federal-approved course programs to obtain and maintain licensure. To learn more, visit ProSchools.com.
Career Webschool is a leading real estate and appraisal education provider, featuring online and mobile-friendly catalogs to offer the most convenient and high-quality experience for professionals. To learn more, visit CareerWebschool.com.
California License is an online correspondence real estate school offering prospective and current salespersons and brokers a convenient, cost-effective and user-friendly method to obtain their education. All California License courses are approved by the California Department of Real Estate. To learn more, visit CaliforniaLicense.com.
For media inquiries, contact:
Deborah Filipek, Media Relations Manager
About OnCourse Learning
OnCourse Learning delivers licensure, regulatory and compliance education solutions throughout the nation's leading industries including financial services, healthcare and real estate. Through trusted industry expertise, compliance management and technology solutions, OnCourse Learning focuses on advancing the e-learning environment for individuals and businesses to help to build new careers, empower employees through knowledge and identify efficiencies in corporate training management. OnCourse Learning offers a full suite of educational products including state and federally approved pre-licensing and continuing education programs, accredited course content, exam prep tools, publications, e-books, events and a sophisticated and customizable learning management system and course-authoring tool. To learn more, visit OnCourseLearning.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oncourse-learning-real-estate-offers-virtual-study-program-to-enhance-student-learning-300269785.html
SOURCE OnCourse Learning