OpenText and SAP Relationship Provides Customers with Additional Benefits of Customer Engagement Solutions from SAP, SAP HANA®, Cloud and Mobile Delivery
ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced at OpenText's Enterprise World 2014 conference that it has deepened its long-standing strategic relationship with SAP SE. Through leading-edge co-innovation, OpenText and SAP deliver customers an ever-growing choice of integrated products and solutions designed to help customers take advantage of digital technologies such as mobile, cloud, and social networking.
Offerings from OpenText and SAP include comprehensive support for customer engagement solutions that are fundamental for companies moving towards use of these technologies. By delivering big data solutions based on the SAP HANA® platform, OpenText and SAP aim to increase real-time access to information and data via mobile devices and cloud technologies.
Expanded Functionality for SAP® Solutions
OpenText has continued to advance its strategic partnership with SAP to provide deeper integration of OpenText Content Suite with the hybris Commerce Suite from hybris, an SAP company. Building on the existing integration of OpenText Digital Asset Management with the SAP® Customer Relationship Management and SAP ERP applications, OpenText now offers additional functionality for omni-channel customer communications and extended enterprise content management. This functionality is intended to drive comprehensive multi-media sales and marketing capabilities for robust customer engagement. It is intended to further augment the capabilities of digital media supply chain management to help companies adeptly compete in the digital economy.
These additional functionalities are expected to bring significant benefits to enterprise customers looking to create and deliver more compelling customer experiences from content creation to content delivery, across multiple channels and devices.
- Native product-level integration of the OpenText Digital Asset Management solution by OpenText with hybris software via its product content management solution to help customers increase conversion rates and commerce revenues with rich media content
- The OpenText Document Presentment solution to give business users comprehensive multi-channel document creation and communication processes, directly from their native SAP software environment, helping them deliver richer, more personalized custom communication across multiple digital channels
OpenText and SAP HANA, Cloud and Mobile Technologies
Through close cooperation with SAP on initiatives leveraging the SAP HANA platform, OpenText has expanded its offerings to include the Ariba® Network from Ariba, an SAP company; SuccessFactors® HCM Suite from SuccessFactors, an SAP company; and the SAP Fiori® user experience, which are now key elements of OpenText's EIM strategy.
- The SAP Invoice Management application by OpenText, a comprehensive solution for optimizing vendor invoice processing in SAP applications, includes built-in reporting and analytics to help continuously monitor and improve processes. Specifically optimized for SAP HANA, SAP Invoice Management is designed to enable business users to easily and efficiently run detailed reports on accounts payable processes using a combination of over 100 different criteria, with results displayed instantly.
- The new features in SAP Invoice Management enable customers to take advantage of the latest SAP innovations with on-premise and cloud-delivery options. These features allow business users to have immediate insight into invoice processes, and choose their preferred way to access the system, through the traditional SAPGUI or SAP Fiori launchpad via web and mobile device.
- New and enhanced integration with SuccessFactors Employee Central gives HR teams access via the cloud to HR letter generation and HR document management by leveraging extensibility, secure workflows, tasks lists, document-type integration and centralized records management.
- Finally, as part of its EIM Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1), OpenText is providing support for cloud, on-premise and hybrid instances of Microsoft SharePoint. With the new OpenText SharePoint Services for Extended ECM product, customers can now enable collaboration in context of business processes supported by SAP software, creating mission-critical SharePoint applications with access to SAP information while staying in line with enterprise compliance requirements.
"The relationship with SAP is the longest-standing partnership at OpenText, and since 1992 the two companies have helped to provide customers with some of the most innovative and productive technologies available in the market," said Patricia Nagle, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances at OpenText. "We expect that the enhancements to our partnership announced today will continue to drive the industry forward and help our customers deliver on core business transformation projects as they strive towards success in a digital-first world."
"Thousands of customers worldwide benefit from our combined solutions to simplify enterprise information management and integrate unstructured content into business processes running on SAP software," said Tom Roberts, global vice president, Third-Party Solutions for SAP. "For more than 20 years, the SAP and OpenText relationship has enabled customers in many industries and of many sizes to succeed. The combined forces of our companies and leading-edge co-innovation continue to deliver strategic advantages designed to result in dramatic improvements for customers as they digitize and transform their organizations."
Learn more about OpenText EIM:
- Read the blog of Mark Barrenechea, OpenText's CEO
- Connect with OpenText:
OpenText, a six-year consecutive SAP Pinnacle Award winner for "Partner of the Year," is the leader in Enterprise Information Management, helping customers to create a "Digital-First World" by simplifying, transforming and accelerating their information needs. Over 100,000 customers already use OpenText solutions, either on premises or in the OpenText cloud. For more information about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX; TSX: OTC), please visit: www.opentext.com.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright ©2014 Open Text Corporation. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text SA and/or Open Text ULC. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive, and other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text SA or other respective owners. All rights reserved. For more information, visit: http://www.opentext.com/2/global/site-copyright.html_SKU.
SAP, SAP HANA, Ariba, hybris, SuccessFactors, Fiori and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. See http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx for additional trademark information and notices. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
SAP Forward-looking Statement
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
SOURCE Open Text Corporation