WATERLOO, Ontario, April 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), the global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced its new office in Sao Paulo, Brazil to support its Latin America business operations. Located in one of Sao Paulo's key business areas, the office will serve as OpenText's South American hub. Additionally, the company has increased its workforce and opened a new satellite office in the capital city of Brasilia to further expand its footprint in the region.
"Latin America is a vibrant market and the office expansion in Brazil is a sign of OpenText's commitment to the region," said OpenText President and CEO Mark J. Barrenechea. "With a diversifying technology landscape and increasing Internet penetration, the country is in the midst of a technology boom which creates huge opportunity for businesses. By strengthening our presence in Latin America, we are now able to provide local organizations with solutions tailored to their specific needs to help them capitalize on their enterprise information."
Among the region's key customers is Rexam, one of the world's leading manufacturers of beverage cans and a market segment leader in South America – with 67 plants in 24 countries, 13 of them in South America. The company has implemented OpenText's EIM solution to eliminate large amounts of paperwork and automate the processes within its Human Resources department.
"We were looking for the company with the best results and selected OpenText for what it already represents in the IT market," states Andre Caneca, IT Business Relationship Manager at Rexam South America, in an OpenText customer success story.
Since establishing its first location in the area in 2000, OpenText has grown its staff, locations and has an expanded product portfolio for the region that includes:
- Enterprise Information Management—OpenText offers an integrated set of product suites that deliver a unified developer platform, an engaging and consistent user experience and deep integration across suites to enable CIOs to partner with all lines of business.
- B2B Managed Services—A comprehensive B2B integration solution, OpenText's Managed Services solution provides companies with highly-skilled B2B specialists who assume the day-to-day operations for the customer, including ERP integration, mapping, on-boarding and technical support.
- e-Invoicing with Compliance—Supporting regulatory compliance in more than 40 countries including Brazil and Mexico, OpenText provides a range of e-Invoicing solutions to offer a single solution to maintain tax compliance for electronic invoicing.
- Electronic Creation and Delivery of Boletos—Track and report on payments that have been issued and paid, and receive a summary of bank fees incurred from Boletos to increase payment accuracy and eliminate any payment discrepancies.
"Expanding our presence in Brazil will enable us to help more local businesses as well as serve other geographies of Latin America, by leveraging the power of Enterprise Information Management," said Roberto Regente Jr., VP Sales Latin America & Caribbean, OpenText.
The new Sao Paulo office is designated a green, environmentally friendly design, and provides just over 800 square meters of space. The architectural design features an open concept style to enable full integration across all departments. An especially welcoming feature is the large terrace with a modern style. The office is equipped with the latest in multimedia communications technology.
OpenText in Sao Paulo will host the South American tour stop for OpenText's global Innovation Tour on May 7. The OpenText Innovation Tour extends the reach of OpenText's annual customer event Enterprise World held in Orlando, Florida. Similar content including exclusive networking opportunities, exhibits, solution-specific tracks, and access to OpenText experts is brought to customers and partners around the world via the Innovation Tour.
Learn more about OpenText EIM:
- Read the blog of Mark Barrenechea, OpenText's CEO
- Connect with OpenText:
OpenText provides Enterprise Information Management software that helps companies of all sizes and industries to manage, secure and leverage their unstructured business information, either in their data center or in the cloud. Over 50,000 companies already use OpenText solutions to unleash the power of their information. To learn more about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX; TSX: OTC), please visit: www.opentext.com. References to 'OpenText' are references to the group of companies owned by (and including) Open Text Corporation.
SOURCE Open Text Corporation