OpenText Core Offers Alternative to Consumer Clouds with an Enterprise-Ready Solution for Simple, Secure and Smart Corporate Information Management in the cloud.
ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced OpenText Core, a cloud-based multi-tenant SAAS offering for Information Management. OpenText Core will allow for the simple, secure and smart exchange of corporate documents and collaborative information management.
"Our customers need hybrid deployments, on-premises and in the cloud, to create a balanced workload that meets all their data sovereignty requirements while leveraging the power of the cloud," said Mark J. Barrenechea, president and chief executive officer of OpenText. "Enterprises have different requirements for scale, security, performance, in country data-zones and governance than consumers. With OpenText Core, we are delivering a product leveraging our 20 years of Enterprise Information Management experience that is going to change how the world's largest companies and governments run."
To stop the risk associated with the spread of consumer-grade file sharing and content proliferation on laptops, mobile devices and unmanaged public clouds, IT departments are feeling mounting pressure to find solutions that meet the needs and expectations of users while minimizing the exposure to security risks for the organization. As organizations transform their business to the digital-first world and move to the cloud, they require applications that balance user experience and productivity with enterprise security and controls. OpenText Core is built specifically for the digital enterprise. It combines the benefits of a secure cloud deployment with a simplified user experience across any device, whether tablet, phone or browser, to allow users to get files fast and easily.
OpenText Core offers:
- Information Management—Core features an HTML 5 file viewer for office documents and media. An interface designed simply and efficiently for work, regardless of device, contains capabilities such as drag and drop, full text searching sorting and filtering and version control for end users.
- Social Collaboration—Share documents among teams with internal and external permission controls. As with many social and cloud platforms, users have the ability to "like" and leave comments on posts.
- Activity Feeds—Users have a dashboard of recent activity to keep track of their items as well as get a full view of their projects.
- Live Editing—The collaborative file viewer allows users to review files without the need to save copies locally on devices. Files can be edited within the Core experience and changes are reflected instantly, without having to wait for synchronization to a desktop location.
- Administrative Controls—Core provides an administrative dashboard as well as capabilities for user management, access management and remote wipe. Providing the controls necessary for business-centric cloud based information management.
OpenText Core takes advantage of the same OpenText Cloud infrastructure that has processed more than 16 billion transactions per year representing $6.5 trillion in commerce, stored 3.5 petabytes of content, integrated 600,000 trading partners and benefitted more than 60,000 customers around the globe.
Availability and Pricing
Exclusive private registration now available for Enterprise customers who register online for OpenText Core here.
Learn more about OpenText EIM:
- Read OpenText CEO Mark Barrenechea's blog,
- Connect with OpenText:
OpenText is the leader in Enterprise Information Management, helping customers to create a Digital-First World by simplifying, transforming, and accelerating their information needs. Over 100,000 customers already use OpenText solutions, either on premises or in our cloud. For more information about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX; TSX: OTC), please visit: www.opentext.com.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright ©2014 Open Text Corporation. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text SA and/or Open Text ULC. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text SA or other respective owners. All rights reserved. For more information, visit: http://www.opentext.com/2/global/site-copyright.html_SKU.
SOURCE Open Text Corporation