RARITAN, N.J., June 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho), a global leader of in vitro diagnostics, today announced it will sponsor three author presentations and five poster presentations at EUROMEDLAB Athens, the annual conference of the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, on topics that include markers for acute kidney injury as well as lab management, infectious diseases and endocrine problems. The conference will be held 11-15 June in Athens, Greece.
"At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are committed to supporting our laboratory customers in the early detection of serious conditions such as infectious diseases, endocrine problems and acute kidney injury as early as possible," said Frederic Vanderhaegen, vice president and head of Ortho's EMEA region. "In the case of acute kidney injury, we are working to change the paradigm from treatment to prevention of this serious condition."
Ortho-sponsored presentations are:
Monday 12 June, 15:45 – 16:45 – Skalkotas Hall
- Acute Kidney Injury and the Role of Cell Cycle Arrest Biomarkers in medical management today
Presenters: Fernando Chaves, M.D., Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (USA), Rafaelo Rivero, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (SPAIN), Luigi Forni, Royal Surrey County NHS Foundation Trust (UK)
Tuesday 13 June, 15:45 – 16:45 – Skalkotas Hall
- Change and Change Management: Their Impact in Our Labs - And In Our Lives
Presenter: G. Bradt (USA)
Ortho-sponsored posters are:
- Performance of the VITROS® NephroCheck® Test*on the VITROS® 3600 Immunodiagnostic System
- Development of an Enhanced Chemiluminescent C-peptide Assay* on VITROS® 5600 Integrated and VITROS® 3600 Immunodiagnostic and VITROS® ECi/ECiQ Immunodiagnostic Systems
- Development of a High-Sensitivity Prototype Assay for Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) on the VITROS® 3600 and ECi/ECiQ Immunodiagnostic and 5600 Integrated Systems
- Standardization and Harmonization* of Ortho Clinical Diagnostics Thyroid Function Tests -VITROS® Immunodiagnostic Products TSH and Free T4 Assays
- Performance of the VITROS® Prototype T. cruzi Assay
Products showcased in Ortho's booth at EUROMEDLAB Athens will include Ortho's flagship Integrated Clinical Chemistry and Immunodiagnostic System and the Nephrocheck® Test.
About Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics serving the clinical laboratory and immunohematology communities. Across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs in more than 120 countries, Ortho's high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. For the immunohematology community, Ortho's blood typing products help ensure every patient receives blood that is safe, the right type and the right unit. Ortho brings sophisticated testing technologies, automation, information management and interpretation tools to clinical laboratories around the world to help them run more efficiently and effectively and improve patient care. Ortho's purpose is to improve and save lives with diagnostics, and it does that by reimagining what's possible. This is what has defined Ortho for more than 75 years, and it's what drives Ortho forward. For more information, visit www.orthoclinicaldiagnostics.com.
NEPHROCHECK is a trademark of Astute Medical, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ortho-clinical-diagnostics-to-present-data-on-early-detection-of-acute-kidney-injury-risk-immunoassay-development-at-euromedlab-athens-2017-300472391.html
SOURCE Ortho Clinical Diagnostics