RARITAN, N.J., April 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho), a global leader of in vitro diagnostics, today announced it will sponsor five author presentations and four poster presentations at MEDLAB Asia Pacific Exhibition & Congress 2017, on topics that include markers for heart failure and acute kidney injury as well as total lab automation and transfusion medicine. The conference will be held April 3-5 in Singapore. Ortho will also host a two-day customer seminar, immediately following the conference for laboratory leaders across the region, titled "Reimagining What's Possible in the Asia Pacific Laboratory Landscape." The seminar will be held from April 6-7 at the Pan Pacific Hotel in Singapore.
"At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are committed to supporting our laboratory customers in the diagnosis of serious conditions such as heart failure and acute kidney injury as early as possible," said Iris Lin, vice president of Ortho's Asia-Pacific region. "We do this through the development of innovative assays, and also by automating systems in order to make labs more effective and efficient. We look forward to presenting our latest findings in these areas at MEDLAB Asia Pacific and at our customer seminar afterward."
Ortho-sponsored speaker presentations are:
Acute kidney injury: Prevalence, mortality, cost and challenges of managing this silent killer
- Author Presentation: April 4, Cardiac Marker Track – 16:30-17:00
- Presenter: Professor Salvatore Di Somma, Professor of Medicine, Chairman and Director Emergency Medicine "Sapienza" University of Rome, Italy
Leveraging Total Laboratory Automation for Performance and Productivity
- Author Presentation: April 4, Clinical Chemistry Track (Session 3) – 15:50-16:15
- Presenter: Dr Anthony O. Okorodudu, Director, Laboratory Services, Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Texas, Houston, United States.
Endogenous Antibody Interferences in the Chemistry Laboratory: Trouble from the Inside
- Author Presentation: April 4, Clinical Chemistry Track (Session 2) – 12:45-13:10
- Presenter: Dr Sutirtha Chakraborty, Chief of Clinical Biochemistry and Consultant, Peerless Hospital & B K Roy Research Centre, Kolkata, India
Natriuretic Peptides in Heart Failure: Clinical Utility and Important Challenges Laboratories Need to Be Aware of
- Author Presentation: April 4, Cardiac Markers Track – 15:30-16:00
- Presenter: Dr Fernando Chavez, Global Head of Medical, Clinical & Scientific Affairs, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, New Jersey, United States.
Defining the Future of Transfusion Medicine
- Author Presentation: April 5, Haematology Track - 15:50-16:15
- Presenter: Dr Kifah Shahin, Lead Network Discipline Scientist for Transfusion, NSW Pathology West, Australia
Ortho-sponsored posters are:
- ORTHO VISION® Analyser - Results of Field Application Trials conducted at 2 major centres
- Performance of the VITROS® NephroCheck® Test*on the VITROS® 3600 Immunodiagnostic System
- An Evaluation of Performance of the VITROS® Immunodiagnostic Products HIV Combo Assay** at Two European Trial Sites
- Comparative Study of Six Sigma Assay Performance on VITROS® Systems
Products showcased in Ortho's booth K10 at MEDLAB Asia Pacific 2017 will include the company's transfusion medicine offering, The ORTHO VISION® Platform as well as Ortho's flagship Integrated Clinical Chemistry and Immunodiagnostic System and the Nephrocheck® Test*.
Another highlight of Ortho's presence at the meeting will be an in-booth virtual reality lab automation visualization station. Using the latest 3D technology, visitors will work with Ortho's design team to custom build their own dream laboratories. They will then tour the creations via virtual reality, learning how proprietary Ortho technology allows labs to grow and change as their needs do.
For more information on Ortho's two-day seminar for laboratory leaders, which immediately follows MEDLAB Asia-Pacific, please contact Ortho Clinical Diagnostics.
* Product has not been submitted for regulatory approval and is not yet approved for sale in Singapore, Philippines, Australia, India and Thailand.
** Product has not been submitted for regulatory approval and is not yet approved for sale in Singapore, Philippines, Australia and Thailand.
NEPHROCHECK is a trademark of Astute Medical, Inc.
About Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics serving the clinical laboratory and immunohematology communities. Across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs in more than 120 countries, Ortho's high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. For the immunohematology community, Ortho's blood typing products help ensure every patient receives blood that is safe, the right type and the right unit. Ortho brings sophisticated testing technologies, automation, information management and interpretation tools to clinical laboratories around the world to help them run more efficiently and effectively and improve patient care. Ortho's purpose is to improve and save lives with diagnostics, and it does that by reimagining what's possible. This is what has defined Ortho for more than 75 years, and it's what drives Ortho forward. For more information, visit www.orthoclinicaldiagnostics.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ortho-clinical-diagnostics-to-present-data-on-early-detection-of-acute-kidney-injury-total-lab-automation-and-transfusion-medicine-at-medlab-asia-pacific-2017-300434297.html
SOURCE Ortho Clinical Diagnostics