DENVER, June 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summer means new, original sizzling, outdoor adventure and lifestyle series, Friday night movies, fishing galore and fall hunting season prep on Outdoor Sportsman Group – Networks (Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network). With original premieres and new episodes from returning series across all three networks, viewers also can expect the most original outdoor programming focused on their passions beginning on Monday, June 27.
"Summer not only means barbecues and backyard fun, it also is a time for viewers of our Outdoor Sportsman Group – Networks to start gearing up for the fall hunting season," said Jim Liberatore, CEO and President of the Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks. "Our programming in the third quarter of this year promises to provide viewers with exciting outdoor adventures, tips on preparing for hunting season, classic movies and marathon coverage of some of our most popular programs."
Outdoor Channel is heating up the summer with a fresh slate of programming that chronicles the dynamic outdoor adventures of the network's esteemed talent. Duck Dynasty is once again leading Monday nights – riding a wave of success on that night – and will be followed by the new Outdoor Channel series, DROPPED. Friday nights have gone "country" with the return of new episodes of Craig Morgan All Access Outdoors and the debut of Nick's Wild Ride, along with classic and modern western cinema blockbusters.
- Duck Dynasty (Mondays at 7 p.m. ET/PT): The Robertson crew returns to Outdoor Channel, the exclusive syndicated home of the hit A&E series. Tune in on Mondays to see the fourth season of the popular unscripted show, featuring patriarch Phil, business-savvy Willie, Willie's wife Korie, his brothers Jase and Jep, Vietnam vet Uncle Si, and the rest of the Duck Commander crew. And you can catch Willie on new episodes of Buck Commander Protected by Under Armour (Saturdays at 10 a.m. ET).
- Beginning Monday, July 11, Duck Dynasty will be followed by the new Outdoor Channel series DROPPED (Mondays at 9 p.m. ET). The show follows the Keefer brothers, Chris and Casey, as they try to escape the Arctic. DROPPED brings viewers face-to-face with the harsh reality of only being able to eat what they can hunt – a true test of mind, body and soul.
- "Country" Friday Nights:
- Craig Morgan All Access Outdoors (Fridays at 7 p.m. ET): Country music sensation and diehard outdoorsman Craig Morgan returns to the network to give viewers an all-access, backstage pass to his travels, as he and his crew pursue big game, big thrills and big laughs across North America and beyond in a quest for ultimate hunting adventures.
- Nick's Wild Ride (Fridays at 7:30 p.m. ET): Join host Nick Hoffman, member of the country music trio THE FARM and a former member of the Kenny Chesney band, on a unique journey deep into the food, culture, music, history and heartbeat of a location while he hunts and fishes. Hoffman's unique perspective will treat viewers to a completely different type of outdoorsman.
- Other new series coming to Outdoor Channel include: NOMAD (Saturdays at 12 p.m. ET) and Youngwild (Sundays at 10:30 a.m. ET).
- Outdoor Channel also will air movies throughout the quarter on Fridays at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. ET, including Patton, starring George C. Scott, Karl Malden and Stephen Young; The Horse Soldiers, featuring John Wayne, William Holden and Constance Towers; Tom Horn, with Steve McQueen, Linda Evans and Richard Farnsworth; and All the Pretty Horses, starring Matt Damon, Henry Thomas and Penelope Cruz.
- Other Outdoor Channel fan favorites returning with new episodes are:
- GunnyTime with R. Lee Ermey (Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m. ET): Follow R. Lee Ermey as he delves into the world of weapons and technology, past, present and future in the second season of GunnyTime. While consulting with top-notch experts, Gunny will get a chance to scratch his itchy trigger finger as he demonstrates some of the most historic and high-tech pieces.
- Gun Stories presented by MidwayUSA (Wednesdays at 11 p.m. ET): Hosted by actor and gun enthusiast Joe Mantegna, the series offers a history of firearms, from the heart of the design through its use on the range.
- Jim Shockey's UNCHARTED (Mondays at 5:30 p.m. ET): Experience the mystery, suspense and adrenaline of the highly-acclaimed series starring Jim Shockey. From the windy Caucasus mountain ranges – located between the Black and Caspian Seas – to the dark jungles of Paraguay, Jim seeks the most amazing and unforgettable places, people, and wildlife that exist today. Jim is also back with his daughter Eva Shockey on new episodes of Jim Shockey's Hunting Adventures (Sundays at 8 p.m. ET).
Also this summer, Sportsman Channel embraces the attitude of "Red, Wild & Blue America" — where the American Spirit and the Great Outdoors are celebrated in equal measure. Hunters' orange paints the television schedule with beloved hunting shows taking the spotlight. Favorites return to the screen, such as MeatEater with Steven Rinella and MCMILLAN...but new players are also making their way onto the field with Cabela's Instinct, The Lindsey Way, #Hunter, The Outfitters Built by Ford F-Series and The HUNT.
- Cabela's Instinct (Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. ET): Hosts Mark Peterson and Tim Herald take viewers across high seas and over the tallest peaks in search of outdoor experiences that drive them. They go beyond hunting in their quest for something more by assimilating into cultures and personalities that make these exotic locations so special. From Pakistan to Alaska and more unique locations in between, Peterson and Herald hunt for adventure and a deeper understanding of some of the most sought-after game species in the world.
- The Lindsey Way (Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. ET): Father and son, David and Jeff Lindsey, manage their lands and hunt as a family in pursuit of first-class whitetails. This series will capture their preparations and strategies as they look to match wits with these mature bucks.
- #Hunter (Saturdays at 9:30 p.m. ET): Join host Olivia Reeve as she takes viewers on Reeve Family adventures including hunts around the world, tips, tactics and educational segments.
- The Outfitters Built by Ford F-Series (Sundays at 11 a.m. ET): Fred Eichler and Conway Bowman are two expert sportsmen on a mission with Ford trucks to find North America's top outfitters. This exciting adventure program gives viewers an inside look at the wild, often dangerous, and always thrilling lives of the toughest and best guides, captains and outfitters in the hunting and fishing industry.
- The HUNT (Sundays at 10 a.m. ET): Join renowned deer hunter Greg Miller and the rest of The HUNT team as they travel far and wide in chase of the whitetail. Along with his son Jake, Greg takes you behind the hunt, with tips on how to predict the next move, behavioral analysis of whitetails, and how to get the most out of your time in the field.
World Fishing Network wants to share what the professionals know, which is why "Secrets of the Pros" on Wednesday nights beginning at 8 p.m. ET should be considered required viewing for all anglers. Expect educational episodes from well-known teams, such as Lake Commandos (8 p.m. ET), FlatsClass (9 p.m. ET), Fishing University (9:30 p.m. ET) and Critical Concepts (10:30 p.m. ET), to name a few. Also, Monday nights are home to "Bass Mondays" (8 p.m. ET) for shows dedicated to beguiling bass. Other features include:
- World Fishing Journal (Saturday, July 2 and Sunday, August 7 at 11:30 a.m. ET): Exclusive to WFN, World Fishing Journal focuses on story driven features based around the fishing community and industry.
- Will Billz (Saturdays at 2:30 p.m. ET): Season 1 kicked off on Sportsman and now moves to WFN. The show follows three elite fishing teams as they compete in the "Quest for the Crest" and a cash purse in excess of $2 million.
Other Q3 Network Highlights include:
- Outdoor Channel
- Drury's THIRTEEN (Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET): Season 3 stars Terry, Mark, Matt and Taylor Drury, along with Rascal Flatts lead singer Gary LeVox and former MLB all-star Jim Thome
- Raised Hunting (Saturdays at 11:30 a.m. ET): Season 3 features David, Karin, Easton and Warren Holder
- Crush with Lee & Tiffany (Sundays at 7:30 p.m. ET): With dynamic duo Lee and Tiffany Lakoksy
- Ultimate Match Fishing (Saturdays at 1:30 p.m. ET): Featuring fishing legends Joe Thomas, Fish Fishburne and Mark Randolph
- Sportsman Channel
- MeatEater with Steven Rinella (Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET): Returns with eight new episodes in August. Rinella will deconstruct and master any hunting technique; track and pursue prey and procure his own food, which he will turn into a mouth-watering fireside meal
- Brotherhood Outdoors Marathon (Saturday, September 3 at 5-7:30 p.m. ET): From the Union Sportsmen's Alliance, the marathon showcases the skills and passion of everyday union sportsmen and women
- Bownanza (Tuesday, September 13 through Friday, September 16 at 8-11 p.m. ET): No matter if recurve or traditional, the bows come out for a weeklong bow hunting extravaganza. Plus a bonus "best-of" marathon Saturday, September 17 from 5-8 p.m. ET
- MCMILLAN Marathon (Saturday, September 24 at 5-8 p.m. ET): A hilarious, yet very real glimpse into the life of outfitter, guide, rancher, hunter, farmer and family man – Tom McMillan
- World Fishing Network
- Major League Fishing Cup 5 Marathon (Sunday, July 3 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET): It's an entire tournament of fishing wrapped up into a seven-hour block of action from the Shell Rotella Challenge Cup
- Grand Slam Fishing (Thursdays at 9:30 p.m. ET, starting July 7): Returns with seven exclusive new episodes and angling icon Darren Cleave showcasing extraordinary fishing, as he tries to break longstanding records, as well as visiting some of the most sought after and dangerous fishing spots in the world
- Fly Rod Chronicles (Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET, starting July 5): Join the crew as they capture the essence of what has been coined "Reality Fly Fishing"
About Outdoor Sportsman Group: Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world's foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network. The Group also consists of a number of established integrated media assets: 15 outdoor magazines including Guns & Ammo, Petersen's Bowhunting and Florida Sportsman, and 19 top websites, including BassFan.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm, as well as aerial camera businesses, SkyCam and CableCam. For more information, visit www.outdoorsg.com, check out our MOTV app and download it here: My Outdoor TV app. #AdventureToGo
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/outdoor-sportsman-group--networks-bring-in-summer-with-sizzling-adventure-lifestyle-series-movies-and-marathons-for-q3-lineup-300289325.html
SOURCE Outdoor Sportsman Group