NEWARK, N.J., Oct. 31, 2017 Key messages:
- Patent pending soffit termination system ideal for new residential construction
- Simple, one-stop installation helps reduce total installed costs
- First-to-market, HVI-Certified soffit vent
- Lets contractors complete all ducting before soffit panel install
- Product design eliminates water intrusion
- EZ Soffit Vent body snap fits easily into mounting bracket and can be rotated to align with ducting
- Low resistance backdraft damper eliminates cold drafts and improves blower door test results
Panasonic Eco Solutions North America, a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, has launched the EZ Soffit Vent, the only Home Ventilating Institute (HVI) certified termination system that lets contractors complete all ducting work before soffit is installed. Continuously motivated by builder and remodeler customers who are dedicated to building greener and more energy efficient homes, Panasonic Ventilation introduced the EZ Soffit Vent to allow bathroom fans to maintain peak performance, thus limiting callbacks. This airflow solution is an extension of Panasonic Ventilation's Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) focused product lines that contribute to more breathable homes across the United States and Canada.
Ideal for new residential construction, the Panasonic EZ Soffit Vent is easy to install and cost-competitive to provide contractors and installers with the perfect finishing touch to meet customers' design, ventilation and performance requirements. A low-resistance back damper eliminates drafts and improves blower door test results while the grille can be rotated 180 degrees so discharge aligns with ductwork. Installers will achieve optimal airflow along with a lower total installed cost, and unlike with roof or wall penetrations, there's minimal risk of water intrusion.
Many bath fan installations include complicated duct work that can contribute to excess and compressed duct work, leading to poor fan performance. The EZ Soffit Vent from Panasonic lets the fan installer complete ducting in a single trip before soffit installation. There's no risk of compromised airflow due to excess duct being handled by the siding contractor. The installer simply needs to cut a hole for the grille. This helps reduce total installed costs, including callbacks, labor and parts.
"The Soffit EZ Vent is rigorously designed with contractors in mind to decrease callbacks caused by common installation issues that can negatively affect a project's profitability," said Patricia Monks, National Marketing Manager, Panasonic Eco Solutions North America. "Using feedback from our customers and recognizing the top challenges they face, Panasonic is able to develop and deliver innovative solutions that enhance productivity and performance of a whole ventilation system. The EZ Soffit Vent is a welcomed addition to our high performance ventilation system offerings."
Additional specifications include:
- Overall height is less than 6" and fits in a 1/12 pitch roof overhang (with 2x6 fascia board)
- Compact design fits in a narrow 12" soffit (10.5" fascia to building)
- Duct connection stub is 2.25" in length, allowing plenty of surface area for connection and sealing
- Ideal for ventilation fans up to 110 CFM, using 4" ductwork
- Flush mounted termination grille mounts with a single fastener included
- Mounting bracket can be located anywhere there's a vertical surface within the overhang
- A six month warranty from date of purchase.
For more information about Panasonic ventilation fans, please visit us.panasonic.com/ventfans.
About Panasonic Eco Solutions North America
Panasonic Eco Solutions North America is a division of Newark, NJ-based Panasonic Corporation of North America, a leading technology partner and integrator to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation and leverages its strengths in Immersive Entertainment, Sustainable Energy, Automated Supply Chains and Connected Solutions to provide secure and resilient integrated solutions for B2B customers. Panasonic was highlighted in Forbes Magazine's Global 2000 ranking as one of the Top Ten Best Regarded Companies for 2017. The ranking is based on outstanding scores for trustworthiness, honesty with the public and superior performance of products and solutions.
Learn more about Panasonic's ideas and innovations at PanasonicMovesUs.com.
Learn more about Panasonic vent fans at http://www.panasonic.com/business/pesna/eco-construction-solutions/.
SOURCE Panasonic Corporation of North America