OAKLAND, Calif., Sept. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading personalized radio service, today announced a genre addition of workout stations. Genre stations on Pandora are stations seeded with artists and albums specific to a certain type of music, mood, event or holiday. After adding a genre station each individual listener can further personalize and refine the station by providing thumbs-up and thumbs-down feedback. The twelve new Pandora workout stations are accessible via http://www.pandora.com/#/genres/workout.
Vice President of Corporate Communications, Pandora, Deborah Roth said, "People have been asking for stations designed specifically to get their blood pumping during workouts. We created twelve great stations from various starting points across the music universe, everything from 80's to country to hard rock, all geared toward giving people energizing music to listen to while they're exercising."
The new Pandora workout stations include:
- 80's Cardio – The 80's were a decade full of aerobics videos, step madness and Flashdance. On 80's Cardio, you'll hear a mix of fast-paced Pop, Modern Rock and R&B 80's hits from artists like Billy Idol, Michael Jackson and Journey, guaranteed to keep you moving.
- Alternative Endurance Training – Tune in to a steady pace of alternative and indie rock songs from the hottest bands from the 90's, 2000's and Today including Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rise Against and Sublime. Recommended for running, cycling and endurance workouts.
- Classic Rock Power Workout – Power your workout with the biggest tracks from the iconic Classic Rock bands of the 60's, 70's and 80's like AC/DC, Aerosmith and Queen, featuring legendary anthems and guitar riffs.
- Country Fitness – Enjoy a mix of Country hits from the past two decades from the hottest stars including Keith Urban, Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum and Jason Aldean. You'll hear upbeat music perfect for walking, light jogging, warming up or cooling down.
- Dance Cardio – Get in the groove with today's biggest dance hits produced by popular artists remixed by Deadmau5, Tiesto and David Guetta. Power your cardio routine with four on the floor dance music, epic build ups and breakdowns.
- Electronic Cardio – Take the biggest electronic hits from the club directly to your mobile device, while at the gym or working out outdoors. You'll hear beats from Daft Punk, Skrillex and Diplo, recommended for all types of cardio activity to improve endurance.
- Hard Rock Strength Training – Pump up your strength training and intense workouts with this playlist of today's hardest rockin' bands like Linkin Park, Three Days Grace and Disturbed.
- Pop and Hip Hop Power Workout – Power your workout with the hottest Top 40 songs from today's charts and the past decade, featuring artists like Ke$ha, Black Eyed Peas and Beyonce.
- Pop Fitness – Get motivated while walking, light jogging or exercising with a mix of the biggest Pop artists of the 90's, 2000's and Today including Katy Perry, Maroon 5 and Train.
- Rap Strength Training – Hear big beats and rap jams from iconic artists like Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg and Eminem to help motivate while lifting weights or performing the latest muscle confusion training routine.
- Yoga – Listen to a variety of music infused with Indian, New Age, soundscapes and ambient electronic sounds from Deep Forest, Deepak Chakra and Brian Eno to help focus your mind, body and spirit and increase flexibility.
- Yoga Workout – If one of your goals in a Yoga session is to sweat, than this station is for you. While capturing the mood and essence of Yoga, the music on this station features music with tempo and rhythmic grooves by artists like Cheb I Sabbah, LTJ Bukem and J-Boogie's Dubtronic Science.
For more information on how the new Pandora workout stations were created or to speak to a Pandora representative, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pandora (NYSE: P) gives people music they love anytime, anywhere, through connected devices. (OK, we've added comedy as well so we're also up for playing some jokes you'll love.) Personalized stations launch instantly with the input of a single "seed" - a favorite artist, song or genre. The Music Genome Project®, a deeply detailed hand-built musical taxonomy, powers the personalization of Pandora® internet radio by using musicological "DNA" and constant listener feedback to craft personalized stations from a growing collection of hundreds of thousands of recordings. Tens of millions of people in the U.S. turn on Pandora to hear music they love. www.pandora.com