OAKLAND, Calif., Sept. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading personalized radio service, today announced that the redesigned version of the Pandora site is live and available to all listeners. The new site has been completely rebuilt on a faster platform with a sleek, modern look and feel. The thoughtful new design, reflecting years of listener feedback and use, highlights popular features, increases access to social sharing and makes commonly performed actions by listeners easier and more visually appealing.
New features include:
- Faster Load Time – HTML5 enables the site to load almost instantaneously and allows for fluid navigation across the service.
- Simplified Station Creation – Enhanced auto-complete choices and personalized suggestions make creating new stations and discovering new music or comedy more intuitive and personal.
- Social Features and Sharing Tools – Enhanced listener profiles and a new music feed offer a centralized place to find, like and comment on what friends and like-minded listeners are discovering and enjoying on Pandora. Stations now have their own URLs, enabling far easier sharing of favorite stations via Twitter, Facebook, or on the new Pandora social feed.
- Improved Control – Prominent and ubiquitous access to familiar player control buttons including Play, Pause, Thumbs-Up and Thumbs-Down icons helps listeners personalize their music and comedy stations. A new shuffle feature also allows listeners to shuffle any collection of stations to add variety to their listening experience.
- Enhanced Artist Information – An option to learn more about the music, find lyrics, read artists' biographies and expand the album art size.
- Unlimited listening – There is no longer a cap* on hours for any listeners.
Pandora Chief Technical Officer and EVP of Product Tom Conrad said, "We've rebuilt Pandora from the foundation up – starting with a completely new software platform based on HTML5. This redesign represents years of learning and a deliberate and comprehensive review of every last detail of the experience. The result is a personalized radio service that is easier to use than ever before, enabling people to enjoy music they know and discover music they'll love."
Pandora (NYSE: P) gives people music they love anytime, anywhere, through connected devices. (OK, we've added comedy as well so we're also up for playing some jokes you'll love.) Personalized stations launch instantly with the input of a single "seed" - a favorite artist, song or genre. The Music Genome Project®, a deeply detailed hand-built musical taxonomy, powers the personalization of Pandora® internet radio by using musicological "DNA" and constant listener feedback to craft personalized stations from a growing collection of hundreds of thousands of recordings. Tens of millions of people in the U.S. turn on Pandora to hear music they love. www.pandora.com
* An abuse prevention limit of 320 hours has been put into effect. If a Pandora account reflects listening in excess of 320 hours a month we will reach out to the account holder to ensure the account is being managed appropriately.