HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Sept. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Paramount Pictures today announced their slate of national promotional partners in support of the highly anticipated remake of the 1980's classic Footloose. Directed by Craig Brewer and starring Kenny Wormald, Julianne Hough, Andie MacDowell and Dennis Quaid, Footloose opens nationwide on October 14. With an eye towards reaching audiences of all ages, Paramount has partnered with HSN, Herbal Essences, Greyhound, Bootbarn, Salon Perfect, Walgreens and Foot Petals for marketing support themed to the upcoming film release.
"This strong roster of partnering brands supporting the film hits every target audience," commented LeeAnne Stables, Executive Vice President of Worldwide Marketing Partnerships at Paramount. "These campaigns have given us extra consumer reach on television, in grocery, at retail, online and even on Greyhound buses."
Paramount's Footloose partnerships include:
- HSN – A 24-hour Footloose-themed HSN event will take place on Wednesday, October 12 across all of HSN's platforms, including on-air, HSN.com and HSN mobile showcasing designer footwear brands and other brands of merchandise including denim, beauty and accessories from leading designers, including Keds, Zodiac USA, Levi's Curve ID, DKNYC, Libby Edelman, La Victorie, Benefit Cosmetics, Foot Petals and Deborah Lippmann. Designers Matt Bernson Special Project, Vince Camuto, Steven by Steve Madden will also have exclusive styles including their own version of the film's iconic red cowboy boots. Movie branded merchandise and the movie soundtrack will also be part of the HSN Footloose sales offering. Information can be found at HSN.com/footloose.
- P&G Brand: Herbal Essences Shampoos and Conditioners - A national Herbal Essences "Get the Look" campaign inspired by the movie. Support includes advertorials in Shape, OK! and Glamour Magazines, an FSI, online media and sponsorship of a UGC dance video contest promoted online and in select theatres in top markets.
- Greyhound – Greyhound buses are seen in the film, and the company is taking that association with the movie even further by offering a national "Cut Loose" sweepstakes giving consumers the chance to win Greyhound tickets and Footloose-themed prizes. Support includes counter cards in 90 Greyhound stations, messaging on boarding passes, ticket jackets and online banner ads.
- Bootbarn - A national partnership featuring a sweepstakes supported with in-store point of sale materials in more than 80 retail locations, direct mail, e-blasts, and online at bootbarn.com.
- Salon Perfect - Salon Perfect, the growing beauty brand of lashes and brow products sold exclusively at Walmart, is supporting the film with full-page ads in Lucky, Teen Vogue and In Touch Weekly magazines, retail displays at 4,000 Walmart stores, presence on their Times Square electronic board, online banner ads and a national sweepstakes.
- Walgreens - Walgreens will tie in the film in association with their "Walk with Walgreens Program", encouraging consumers to participate in walk events in their city and extend the stay healthy message. When members sign up for the walk, they will receive exciting Footloose-themed rewards including movie tickets and music downloads. The program will be promoted in via point-of-sale and program booklets in US stores, Walgreens.com, and at events in major U.S. cities.
- Foot Petals – Foot Petals has created special edition Footloose-inspired shoe cushions which will be sold exclusively on HSN, in-store at Dillard's and online at zappos.com. In-store displays and on-pack messaging will support the movie themed tie-in.
Co-Writer/Director Craig Brewer (Hustle & Flow, Black Snake Moan) delivers a new take of the beloved 1984 classic film, Footloose. Ren MacCormack is transplanted from Boston to the small southern town of Bomont where he experiences a heavy dose of culture shock. A few years prior, the community was rocked by a tragic accident that killed five teenagers after a night out and Bomont's local councilmen and the beloved Reverend Shaw Moore responded by implementing ordinances that prohibit loud music and dancing. Not one to bow to the status quo, Ren challenges the ban, revitalizing the town and falling in love with the minister's troubled daughter Ariel in the process.
Paramount Pictures and Spyglass Entertainment present a Dylan Sellers Zadan / Meron Weston Pictures Production of a Craig Brewer Film. Footloose stars Kenny Wormald, Julianne Hough, Andie MacDowell and Dennis Quaid. The film is directed by Craig Brewer from a screenplay by Dean Pitchford and Brewer and Story by Dean Pitchford. It is produced by Craig Zadan, Neil Meron, Dylan Sellers and Brad Weston. The executive producers are Timothy M. Bourne, Gary Barber, Roger Birnbaum and Jonathan Glickman.
About Paramount Pictures Corporation
Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The company's labels include Paramount Pictures, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV Films and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Digital Entertainment, Paramount Famous Productions, Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., Paramount Studio Group and Paramount Television & Digital Distribution.
SOURCE Paramount Pictures Corporation