ST. LOUIS, May 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Peabody Energy (NYSE: BTU) today announced that all 12 members of the board of directors were re-elected at the company's annual meeting of shareholders.
Re-elected directors are:
- Gregory H. Boyce, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Peabody Energy;
- Robert A. Malone, Lead Independent Director, former Executive Vice President, BP plc and former Chairman and President, BP Americas Inc.;
- William A. Coley, former Chief Executive Officer, British Energy Group plc;
- William E. James, Managing General Partner, RockPort Capital Partners LLC;
- Robert B. Karn III, former Managing Partner with Arthur Andersen LLP;
- Henry E. Lentz, former Managing Director, Lazard Freres & Co. LLC;
- William C. Rusnack, former President and Chief Executive Officer, Premcor Inc.;
- Michael W. Sutherlin, former President and Chief Executive Officer, Joy Global, Inc.;
- John F. Turner, former Assistant Secretary of State for the Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs;
- Sandra A. Van Trease, Group President, BJC Healthcare;
- Alan H. Washkowitz, former Managing Director, Lehman Brothers Inc.; and
- Heather A. Wilson, President, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology.
Peabody Energy is the world's largest private-sector coal company and a global leader in sustainable mining, energy access and clean coal solutions. The company serves metallurgical and thermal coal customers in more than 25 countries on six continents. For further information, go to PeabodyEnergy.com and AdvancedEnergyForLife.com.
CONTACT: Meg Gallagher (314) 342-7963
SOURCE Peabody Energy