SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Peek.com, the innovative one-stop shop for travelers and locals to easily book amazing activities, today announces the debut of its new app, Peek: Tours & Activities, available now for iPhone and iPod touch.
Launched in 2012, Peek.com is backed by prominent names in technology, including Jack Dorsey and Eric Schmidt, and features thousands of incredible activities handpicked by experts and tastemakers in 17 US cities, London and Paris.
The activities industry is a 27 billion dollar market in the US alone, and the average American spends seven hours planning each vacation, yet the industry is behind on mobile accessibility. Peek continues to change this.
The Peek: Tours & Activities App, available as a free download from the App Store, offers many unique features making it easier than ever to book experiences:
- Geo-location technology, so users can book activities around them
- Wide variety of activities with same-day booking, to help the 80% of travelers who don't book activities in advance
- Personality quiz to tailor unique suggestions for each user
- Simple navigation and a beautiful user experience
- Ability to browse activities based on personality type, category, budget, points of interest and more
- Activities spanning and searchable by a variety of categories, including family friendly, arts & culture, food & wine, sights, walking tours, etc
- Easy access to all necessary information, reviews, real-time availability, directions via Apple Maps, and vouchers which can be conveniently added to Passbook
- City guides to help navigate popular neighborhoods of featured destinations
- Best Price Guarantee for all activities
"Peek provides the best user experience and all the tools our customers value. Since launching we've seen great demand for an iPhone app to book quality activities while on the go, in real-time" said Ruzwana Bashir, Founder and CEO. "We're excited to launch the app and continue to provide an easily accessible, personalized selection of the highest-quality activities."
Whether it's uncovering an underground art scene, swimming with sharks, or touring local farms, the Peek app connects users with adventures that create lasting memories.
The Peek: Tours & Activities App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com/PeekToursandActivities.
Peek is the one-stop shop for travelers and locals to book amazing activities. With a focus on a beautiful user experience, curated recommendations and excellent customer service, Peek.com provides users with a simple and stress-free way to book unforgettable experiences. The Peek app offers an easily accessible, personalized selection of the highest-quality activities to book while on the go. Backed by investors Jack Dorsey, Eric Schmidt (Innovation Endeavors) and David Bonderman, the company brings together 30+ years of experience from the likes of Gilt Groupe, OpenTable, Google, Eventbrite, Trulia and Symantec.