HARRISBURG, Pa., June 8, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Energy Infrastructure Alliance (PEIA) today marked its two-year anniversary by premiering a new video that showcases the required skillsets and intense training of workers who ensure the safe, responsible development of pipelines and related energy infrastructure projects that are helping to fuel the commonwealth's economic revitalization.
The full video can be viewed here: http://tinyurl.com/video2yr.
The skills training video is an extension of the online series that PEIA launched at its inception to inform residents about the role modern energy infrastructure systems play in growing the economy and protecting the environment and to highlight the direct and indirect beneficiaries of pipeline investments by letting individuals and groups tell their stories uninterrupted.
The two-year anniversary video focuses on safe development as some key pipeline projects, including Sunoco's Mariner East 2 project, have moved from the planning phase to construction, and as others, such as Atlantic Sunrise, could begin construction later this year.
Ensuring the safe, responsible development of these pipeline projects are organizations like Boilermakers Local 13, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE), Laborers International Union of North America (LiUNA), and Pipefitters and Steamfitters, all of which are members of PEIA.
PEIA so far has produced more than two dozen videos, with more in production.
Beyond the videos, PEIA members have crisscrossed Pennsylvania to support pipeline projects and promote private investments that will help to build out the state's infrastructure network, which currently is inadequate to deliver Marcellus and Utica gas products to market.
Among the group's achievements since it formed on June 8, 2015:
- Served as a credible source of information through more than 100 media appearances, whether on public affairs programs, through interviews or via commentary.
- Offered testimony and public remarks at numerous federal, state and local public hearings and forums in dozens of communities in counties across the state.
- Provided keynote speakers and featured panelists to serve as experts at local meetings and regional conferences that inform audiences on all aspects of development.
- Collaborated with partners and other stakeholders including economists, military experts, business leaders, conservationists and others to set the record straight and ensure the dialogue about infrastructure investment is based on facts.
PEIA is a broad-based coalition comprising labor, agriculture, conservation, manufacturing, retail and other business groups focused on increasing access to affordable natural gas and natural gas liquids so that production of these valuable energy resources provides the greatest benefit for Pennsylvania workers and consumers, and the overall economy. There are more than two dozen PEIA members today.
More information about the alliance can be found here:
- Online: www.paallianceforenergy.com
- Twitter: @PAllies4Energy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PAllies4Energy
SOURCE Pennsylvania Energy Infrastructure Alliance