WASHINGTON, Dec. 9, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced today that the House Democratic Caucus has approved Ranking Members on five House committees in the 112th Congress.
"The vast experience and wealth of knowledge of these distinguished Members prepares them to continue addressing the challenges facing our country as Ranking Members in the 112th Congress," Speaker Pelosi said. "I look forward to working with all of our Ranking Members and the new Republican committee chairmen to create jobs and reduce the deficit in a bipartisan way."
The Steering and Policy Committee recommended and the House Democratic Caucus approved the following Ranking Members:
- Henry Waxman of California, Energy and Commerce Committee
- Norm Dicks of Washington, Appropriations Committee
- Barney Frank of Massachusetts, Financial Services Committee
The House Democratic Caucus approved as Ranking Member:
- Sander Levin of Michigan, Ways and Means Committee
Speaker Pelosi nominated and the House Democratic Caucus approved as Ranking Member:
- Robert Brady of Pennsylvania, Committee on House Administration
SOURCE Office of the Speaker of the House