HARRISBURG, Pa., June 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Effective today, the Pennsylvania Department of Health's hours of operation for five of its toll-free customer service lines under the HelpinPA network have changed to 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for state holidays.
The call lines affected by the change are as follows:
- Healthy Baby: This line, 800-986-BABY (2229), refers callers to programs and services supporting pregnant women, new mothers and their children.
- Special Kids Network (SKN) System of Care: This line, 877-986-4550, can help identify local needs and assist communities in improving services for children and youth with special healthcare needs and their families.
- Pa. Recreation and Leisure: This line, 800-986-4550, serves as an information and referral help line to connect individuals with disabilities to accessible recreational activities.
- Lead: This line, 800-440-LEAD (5323), offers information to parents, physicians, contractors and homeowners about how to prevent and control lead poisoning.
- Brain Injury: This line, 866-412-4755, provides information and resources about condition, treatment and support for brain injuries.
The new hours of operation are due to a contractual change with the HelpinPA Health and Human Services call center. Calls on the lines mentioned above will now be answered by trained customer service staff at the Department of Health.
Consumers can also access HelpinPA's website at any time of day at www.helpinpa.state.pa.us or through Facebook by searching "HelpinPA."
For additional information on the programs listed above, visit www.health.state.pa.us.
Media contact: Kait Gillis, 717-783-1783
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Health