HARRISBURG, Pa., Sept. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) announced that its Philadelphia county assistance offices and regional offices will be closed on Friday, September 25 due to the visit of Pope Francis. Please see below for the addresses of the affected offices.
The 801 Market Street location will remain closed on Monday, September 28. This Market Street location houses both the county assistance office and the offices of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL) and Children, Youth and Families (OCYF) regional offices.
If you are a stakeholder with general questions or concerns about any issue that may arise during these office closures, please call 855-607-2996 if you are in need of assistance. This hotline will open on Friday, September 25 at 8 a.m., and will run 24 hours a day until Monday, September 28, at noon. Staff will be on-hand to answer questions related to:
- Child care;
- Child welfare/foster care/juvenile justice;
- Services for individuals with disabilities;
- Access/functional needs;
- Mental health; and
- Medical transportation
The hotline is NOT an emergency number for medical issues or a complaint line or for reporting suspected child abuse. If you have questions regarding emergency assistance, SNAP, or other benefit programs, please call 877-395-8930 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
DHS has also established a reunification hotline, in partnership with The American Red Cross. The toll-free hotline, 855-259-2114, is for people who have become separated from friends and family.
MEDIA CONTACT: Kait Gillis, 717-425-7606
The offices affected by closures include those at the following addresses:
- 801 Market St., Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Philadelphia Marshall Street - 961 N. Marshall St., Philadelphia, PA 19123
- Boulevard District - 4109 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19124
- Chelten District - 301 E. Chelten Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19144
- 5740 Market St., Philadelphia, PA 19139
- 5201 Old York Road, Philadelphia, PA 19141
- Glendale District - 5201 Old York Road, Philadelphia, PA 19141
- Liberty District - 219 Lehigh Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19125
- Long Term and Independent Services District- 5070 Parkside Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19131
- 1348 Sedgley Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19132
- Ridge/Tioga District - 1350 Sedgley Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19132
- Somerset District - 2701 N. Broad St., 2nd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19132
- 1163 S. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Unity District - 4111 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19124
- West District - 5070 Parkside Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19131
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Human Services