NEW YORK, Aug. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Penton today announced that five of its brands – American City & County, Electrical Construction & Maintenance, Fleet Owner, IndustryWeek and WardsAuto – have won 13 national and regional Azbee awards. The Azbee awards, produced by the American Society of Business Press Editors (ASBPE), recognize outstanding work by magazines, newsletters and digital media for business-to-business, trade, association and professional publications.
Award winners include:
- American City & County won a gold national award in the "News Section" category for Issues & Trends.
- American City & County won a bronze Central-Southeast region award in the "Editorial/Editor's Letter" category for the May and November 2012 "We will all be monkeys' uncles; Politics makes strange smells" column.
- Electrical Construction & Maintenance won a national gold award in the "Best Regular Department" category for the Forensic Casebook published in February 2012, March 2012 and April 2012 issues.
- Electrical Construction & Maintenance won a Western region gold award in the "Best Regular Column, Contributed" category for Illustrated Catastrophes in the January 2012 and February 2012 issues.
- Electrical Construction & Maintenance won a Western region silver award in the "Best Editorial/Editor's Letter" category for Industry Viewpoint in the June 2012 and July 2012 issues.
- Fleet Owner won a national silver award in the "Buyers Guide" category for the October 2012 "2013 Equipment Specs & Fleet Buyer's Guide: Solving the Puzzle."
- Fleet Owner won a Northeast regional gold award in the "Front Cover – Computer Generated Revenue Over $2M" category for the November 2012 "A Tale of Two Oils" cover.
- Fleet Owner won a Northeast regional bronze award in the "Editorial/Editor's Letter" category for the May and November 2012 Editor's Page.
- IndustryWeek won a Central-Southeast regional gold Award in the "Editorial/Editor's Letter" for the "I've Got Gas!" and "I'm Mad as Hell!" feature.
- WardsAuto won a national gold award in the "Members/Subscribers-Only Premium Content" category for WardsAuto — Subscribers Only.
- WardsAuto.com won a national gold award in the "Original Web Commentary" category for the January 2012 feature "Why Innovation is Dying in America."
- WardsAuto Dealer Business won a national silver award in the "Editorial/Editor's Letter" category for the October/December 2012 "Is It Illegal to Sell F&I Stuff?/Generations of Penny Pinchers" column.
- WardsAuto Dealer Business won a Midwest-South region silver award in the Opening Page/Spread – Photo category for the August 2012 feature "To the Rescue."
About American City & County
American City & County has been the voice of state and local government since 1909 and serves a powerful audience of city, county and state officials who are charged with developing and implementing government policy, programs and projects. American City & County maintains its leadership position by providing these readers with news, government trends, policy alternatives and operational solutions.
About Electrical, Construction & Maintenance
Electrical Construction & Maintenance is the number one online resource for the electrical design, construction, operations, and maintenance industry. Through a mix of in-depth technical articles, market/construction forecasts, proprietary surveys/reports, and late-breaking news stories, EC&M is the ideal vehicle to reach the largest customers in the $91.2 billion electrical market. In addition to our comprehensive website, our award-winning editorial team produces a monthly print publication and seven e-newsletters.
About Fleet Owner
Fleet Owner is written for executives and managers of commercial-trucking fleets that operate five or more vehicles. Fleet Owner provides information about operations, vehicle maintenance, industry regulations and information-management technology.
IndustryWeek brings together manufacturing business leaders to explore the issues, strategies, trends and technologies that help them build more competitive and profitable companies.
About Ward's Automotive Group
Ward's Automotive Group is a world-leading provider of auto industry news, data, and analysis, having served the industry's information needs for more than 80 years. WardsAuto World is a monthly magazine serving automotive professionals. WardsAuto.com is an online subscription service delivering virtually all the industry news, data, and analysis compiled by WardsAuto. Other products include the weekly industry newsletter Ward's Automotive Reports, the monthly magazine WardsAuto Dealer Business, and a wealth of information services including reference annuals, online databases, and customized data reports.
For millions of business owners and decision-makers, Penton makes the difference every day. We engage our professional users by providing actionable ideas and insights, data and workflow tools, community and networking, both in person and virtually, all with deep relevance to their specific industries. We then activate this engagement by connecting users with tens of thousands of targeted providers of products and services to help drive business growth. Learn more about our company at www.penton.com.
Penton is a privately held company owned by MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP.
Phone: (212) 204-4351