NEW YORK, July 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Penton's Public Infrastructure group today announced that new features and functionality have been added to Govalytics, an intelligence tool that offers dynamic data and analytics for city and county governments across the nation. Govalytics offers key dynamic intelligence that identifies opportunities for marketers to win local government business well in advance of the official request for proposal (RFP) process.
"The response to the tool thus far has exceeded our expectations," said Gregg Herring, Vice President and Public Infrastructure Market Leader, Penton. "We are very pleased to offer sales and marketing teams with the intelligence they need to plan for future trends and growth and we also hope that local governments will continue to look to Govalytics as a tool to benchmark themselves and compare processes with government counterparts."
The Capital Project Data feature of Govalytics is now available. It allows users to search and find capital project information for every city and county government in the database. For example, users can find project information for any current or future project – from a small re-paving project to a massive wastewater treatment overhaul – and gives projected yearly expenditures for future years within the projects. It also offers project amounts, durations and specific details around each project.
The ToDo's feature allow users to establish ToDo action items on specific governments/ departments/projects of interest, set due dates for each ToDo item and get one day or one week advance notifications via email.
The Alerts feature allow users to set up email alerts on specific items of interest including changes in budgets, staffing changes and new Capital Projects.
Govalytics provides users with budgetary analytics, government official contact information, capital project data, key area statistics and recent news surrounding each local government. Govalytics now has data covering the top 50 Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs). They include:
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA
- Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
- Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX
- Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA
- Boston-Cambridge-Newton, MA-NH
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA
- Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
- Detroit-Warren-Dearborn, MI
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
- Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI
- San Diego-Carlsbad, CA
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
- St. Louis, MO-IL
- Baltimore-Columbia-Towson, MD
- Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, NC-SC
- Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, OR-WA
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX
- Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL
- Sacramento--Roseville--Arden-Arcade, CA
- Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN
- Cleveland-Elyria, OH
- Kansas City, MO-KS
- Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise, NV
- Columbus, OH
- Indianapolis-Carmel-Anderson, IN
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA
- Austin-Round Rock, TX
- Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Franklin, TN
- Virginia Beach-Norfolk-Newport News, VA-NC
- Providence-Warwick, RI-MA
- Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis, WI
- Jacksonville, FL
- Memphis, TN-MS-AR
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Louisville/Jefferson County, KY-IN
- Richmond, VA
- New Orleans-Metairie, LA
- Hartford-West Hartford-East Hartford, CT
- Raleigh, NC
- Birmingham-Hoover, AL
- Buffalo-Cheektowaga-Niagara Falls, NY
- Salt Lake City, UT
To register for a free limited version of Govalytics, click here. Click here for Govalytics pricing. For an enterprise license, contact Andy VanSciver, Sales Director, [email protected] or 312-840-8461.
About the Penton Public Infrastructure Group
Penton's Public Infrastructure Group represents the largest network of customers in targeted public service markets. Together, it delivers concise, essential information to more than 500,000 governmental leaders so they can efficiently and effectively deliver the public services their residents expect. This powerful group of brands provides a full spectrum of online, print and exhibition solutions that work in harmony across industries. The Group's unmatched network of powerful buying influence in public-service markets includes local, state and federal governments, fire and emergency services, education facilities, waste and recycling and powerful valuation, specification and cost guides.
Penton drives performance for more than sixteen million professionals each and every day. They rely on us to deliver: Insights, information & workflow tools to inform critical business decisions; networking & community to engage them with industry peers & partners; and data & marketing services to advance their business performance & deliver ROI. They look to Penton to power the possibilities.
Penton is a growth company with a track-record of strong performance and success and is backed by its co-owners: MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP.
For additional information on the company and its businesses, visit www.penton.com.
Director, Brand Management, Govalytics
770 618 0137
212 204 4351