PHILADELPHIA, Sept. 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Area residents can receive basic information about areas of the law most likely to impact daily life at The People's Law School, a six-week legal education program presented by volunteer attorneys from the Young Lawyers Division of the Philadelphia Bar Association.
The program, which features 11 unique courses on a range of legal topics, takes place every Tuesday from 6:15-8:30 p.m. beginning September 21 through October 26 in the Jury Assembly Room at the Criminal Justice Center, 1301 Filbert St. The cost is $40.00 and includes access to all seminars and the complete course materials book.
The course schedule for The People's Law School is as follows:
- Social Security & Disability (6:15-7:15 p.m.)
- Trusts and Estates (7:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Small Claims & Landlord/Tenant (6:15-7:15 p.m.)
- Consumer Credit (7:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Personal Injury (6:15-7:15 p.m.)
- Criminal Law (7:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Real Estate (6:15-7:15 p.m.)
- Employment Law (7:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Bankruptcy (6:15-7:15 p.m.)
- Workers' Compensation (7:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Family Law (6:15-8:30 p.m.)
The People's Law School is open to all citizens. Registration and more details are available at http://peopleslawschool.philadelphiabar.org by calling 215-238-6393, or through email at [email protected]. To ensure all attendees have a copy of the course materials book for the first session, registration is required by September 10. Registration will be accepted after this date but will not guarantee the immediate availability of the course materials.
Please note that while The People's Law School will provide attendees information on different areas of the law, the program is not accredited and no degree or certificate will be conferred upon its completion.
SOURCE Philadelphia Bar Association