PHILADELPHIA, June 3 /PRNewswire/ -- As the Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) takes its popular With Love, Philadelphia XOXO® initiative from campaign to consumer experience, the destination marketing organization is proud to announce the launch of the Victory Brewing Company's Summer Love Ale. Brewed locally in Chester County, PA with pale malts, German hops and Brandywine Creek water, the golden brew will begin flowing freely at bars and restaurants throughout the region on June 4, 2010 — just in time for Philly Beer Week, a 10-day festival featuring hundreds of events and thousands of beers in what organizers dub as "America's best beer-drinking city." Throughout the summer, the brew will roll out to many bars and restaurants nationwide that carry Victory.
During Philly Beer Week, beer lovers can try the love-ly new creation at more than 30 bars and restaurants throughout the region, including Johnny Brenda's, Standard Tap, Fork, PYT, Chifa and Nectar. Special events taking place all season long also give beer buffs a chance to sample the summer suds:
- Victory Brewing Happy Hour with Bill Covaleski: Victory Brewing Company's brewmaster Bill pours the first pints of Summer Love Ale at the start of Philly Beer Week. June 4. Johnny Brenda's, 1201 N. Frankford Avenue, (215) 739-9684, johnnybrendas.com
- Victory Tap Takeover: At this all-Victory beer party, revelers will have the opportunity to sample 20 Victory beers, including Summer Love Ale. June 8. 901 N. 2nd Street, (215) 238-0630, standardtap.com
- Fists of Feury: This Philly Beer Week event features the debut of Fists of Feury, a new Victory beer, along with a special four-course menu created by Chef Terence Feury of Fork and his brother Chef Patrick Feury of Nectar. Attendees can also sample Summer Love Ale. June 8. Fork, 306 Market Street, (215) 625-9425, forkrestaurant.com
- Golden Monkey Dance Party: Not only can party-goers indulge in Victory's award-winning Belgian triple ale, they can also taste Summer Love Ale. June 10. PYT, 1050 N. Hancock Street, (215) 964-9009, pytphilly.com
- Victory Happy Hour Event: Meet, Drink, Taste: Victory Brewing Company hosts a happy hour that includes Summer Love Ale at Chifa, one of the newest restaurants by superstar Chef Jose Garces. June 11. Chifa, 707 Chestnut Street, (215) 925-5555, chifarestaurant.com
- Victory Fists of Feury Beer Release Party: Summer Love Ale will be served during a beer dinner celebrating the new Fists of Feury Ale. June 13. Nectar, 1091 Lancaster Avenue, Berwyn, (610) 725-9000, tastenectar.com
Summer Love Ale will be on tap throughout the Philadelphia region this summer. It will be available at the Newportville Inn in Newportville, PA; The Continental Tavern in Yardley, PA; and the Hulmeville Inn in Hulmeville, PA. More local locations and other locations across the country serving Summer Love Ale will be announced on visitphilly.com as they are added.
Bar owners and managers who would like to serve Summer Love Ale should contact Victory Brewing Company, victorybeer.com.
The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) makes Philadelphia and The Countryside® a premier destination through marketing and image building that increases business and promotes the region's vitality.
For more information about travel to Philadelphia, visit visitphilly.com or uwishunu.com, where you can build itineraries; search event calendars; see photos and videos; view interactive maps; sign up for newsletters; listen to HearPhilly, an online radio station about what to see and do in the region; book hotel reservations and more. Or, call the Independence Visitor Center, located in Historic Philadelphia, at (800) 537-7676.
SOURCE Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation