PITTSBURGH, Sept. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The PNC Financial Services Group (NYSE: PNC) joins the nation in honoring Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15 to October 15, with sponsored programs and activities planned in Chicago, Ill.; Freehold, N.J.; Indianapolis, Ind.; Lexington, Ky.; Pittsburgh, Pa.; St. Louis, Mo.; and Washington, D.C.
"For PNC it simply makes good business sense to support diverse programs and initiatives, like Hispanic Heritage Month," said Marsha Jones, chief diversity officer for PNC. "Supporting the Hispanic community helps to deepen our relationships with customers, better compete for top talent and further engage our employees and communities."
Community events include:
- A Celebration of Hispanic Heritage with the Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the D.C. Mayor's Office on Latino Affairs on Sept. 13 at PNC Place in Washington, D.C.
- The El Grito celebration of Independence of Mexico, Sept. 15 from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at Garfield Park in Indianapolis.
- Hispanic Heritage Night with the Reds at Great American Ball Park on Sept. 15 in Cincinnati.
- The fifth annual Hagerstown Hispanic Festival on Sept. 18 from noon-6:00 p.m. at Fairgrounds Park in Hagerstown, Md.
- The Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce El Pipila Award Breakfast the morning of Sept. 15 in Chicago.
- The Greater St. Louis Hispanic Festival, Sept. 16-18 at Soldiers Memorial Park in St. Louis.
- The eleventh annual Festival Latino de Lexington, Sept. 16-18 at the Robert F. Stephens Courthouse Plaza in Lexington, Ky.
- Fiesta Indianapolis, Indiana's largest annual Hispanic cultural event, Sept. 17 from noon-11:00 p.m.
- The work of Hispanic artist Gloria Parsley at the Foundry Art Centre in Saint Charles, Mo. through the end of Sept. and additional exhibits throughout Oct., sponsored by PNC Arts Alive.
- The Latino Festival of Monmouth County, Oct. 1 at the Monmouth County Hall of Records parking lot in Freehold, N.J.
- The Latin GRAMMY Street Party at Plaza Garibaldi, Oct. 2 from noon to 7:00 p.m. in downtown Chicago.
- "La Feria," an annual community informational fair on Oct. 2 at the Greentree SportsPlex in Pittsburgh.
- A Hispanic Heritage Month event at Savoy restaurant at 6:00 p.m. on Oct. 4 in Pittsburgh.
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (www.pnc.com) is one of the nation's largest diversified financial services organizations providing retail and business banking; residential mortgage banking; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. Follow @PNCNews on Twitter for breaking news, updates and announcements from PNC.
SOURCE PNC Financial Services Group