PITTSBURGH, June 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The PNC Financial Services Group (NYSE: PNC) joins the nation in commemorating Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Pride Month throughout the month of June, with sponsored programs and activities planned in Baltimore, Md.; Cleveland, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio; Kalamazoo, Mich.; Pittsburgh, Pa.; Philadelphia, Pa.; and Washington, D.C.
"Recognizing history and heritage months helps us build a more inclusive environment while positively impacting our business and the communities we serve," said Marsha Jones, chief diversity officer, PNC. "This year we celebrate Pride Month with events in seven cities—more than ever before."
Event highlights include:
- The 37th annual Capital Pride Celebration in Washington, D.C., May 30-June 10
- Pittsburgh Pride, June 1-10, including Pride in the Street and PrideFest
- The sixth annual Kalamazoo Pride celebration and Pride Festival on June 11
- The Columbus Pride Festival including a parade and brunch event, June 15-17
- Baltimore Pride, featuring a parade, block party and family festival, June 15-17
- The Cleveland Pride annual parade and festival on June 23
- The Independence Business Alliance Small Business Awards on June 19 in Philadelphia
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (www.pnc.com) is one of the nation's largest diversified financial services organizations providing retail and business banking; residential mortgage banking; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. Follow @PNCNews on Twitter for breaking news, updates and announcements from PNC.
SOURCE PNC Bank