LA JOLLA, Calif., April 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Pontus Capital, and its affiliated entities, closed on 80 properties for over $257,000,000 in 2016. Founder Michael Press commented, "We are pleased to achieve our highest volume year and grow our portfolio to over 140 properties. We look forward to continuing to assist our tenants in growing their businesses through sale-leaseback transactions and helping sellers achieve their disposition or growth strategies. At Pontus, we focus on understanding the seller's needs and working together to structure a solution that accomplishes their goals and creating win-win transactions. Our record-setting results seem to validate this approach."
Tenants have consistently chosen Pontus over other financing sources due to its ability to maximize proceeds from a sale-leaseback, or provide a portfolio solution, its willingness to customize transactions using creative and flexible structuring, and its certainty of close.
Transaction highlights include:
- $140 million portfolio acquisition of 61 bank branches, leased to a diverse group of tenants, across 8 states. The complicated transaction involved defeasance of four CMBS loans, some short-term and non-operating properties.
- $71 million sale-leaseback on a portfolio of six auto dealerships (Toyota, Nissan, Chrysler, Infiniti, Hyundai and VW) in California, including 100% construction financing to fund some expansion and reimaging and ROFO for the tenant.
- $30 million portfolio acquisition of ten Rite Aid stores from an institutional seller that required a portfolio transaction and certainty of close.
- Portfolio sale-leaseback of stores across the Midwest with one of the country's largest private equity firms, generating proceeds used to pay down debt and fund growth.
- Sale-leaseback of a Texas hospital to facilitate the acquisition from a third-party, and the expansion for our tenant, closing 10 days after execution of LOI.
Dealership CEO said, "Pontus was a tremendous partner and worked tirelessly to accomplish my objectives. Pontus demonstrated excellent flexibility while executing a solution that allowed me to retain 100% ownership of my business and maintain long term control of my properties. I look forward to working with Pontus again on future transactions."
Pontus is a real estate investment firm that acquires and manages long term triple net leased properties to creditworthy tenants nationwide in partnership with institutional investors. As principals, they have acquired over $4 billion of net lease properties over the last twenty years, through off-market sale leaseback and portfolio transactions. For more information visit www.pontuscapital.com or contact Scott Stokas at email@example.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pontus-capital-announces-a-record-257-million-in-2016-transaction-volume-300433241.html
SOURCE Pontus Capital