SEATTLE, Jan. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- PopCap Games, the leading developer and publisher of the world's most broadly appealing video games, today announced the immediate availability of the third FREE "level pack" for Peggle™ Nights. Available for PC and Mac exclusively at Popcap.com, the Peggle Nights "Art Contest" level pack features five all-new levels based on the top entries in the Peggle Art Contest held earlier this year. The new levels can be played in the Quick Play or Duel modes of Peggle Nights, and there are also five new challenges in Challenge Mode based on the new levels.
"We really enjoyed incorporating the contest winners' designs into finished levels and have been playing them non-stop," said Sukhbir Sidhu, Studio Director at PopCap and co-creator of Peggle and Peggle Nights. "These user-generated concepts turned out quite well in terms of playability and challenge, and it's really interesting and inspiring to see level design ideas from fans of the game!"
The new levels in the Art Contest level pack feature whimsical "mash-ups" of PopCap characters and imagery as well as re-imaginings of past levels. Grand prize winners Matt Ward of Heanor, Derbyshire England (in the adult category) and Michael and Stephanie Liu, youth category co-winners from Naperville, Illinois, visited PopCap's headquarters in August to play-test and provide feedback on the levels based on their designs.
The user-created levels, and their respective creators, are:
- "Bucket Revisited" – Michael and Stephanie Liu (Grand Prize, Youth category) – a redrawing of the classic Das Bucket level with Peggle characters.
- "Dynamic Two-Oh" – Matt Ward (Grand Prize, Adult category) – the Undercover Unicorn patrols the streets and rooftops of Pegopolis with his crime-busting partner, Kid Radical!
- "Fun Dead" – Anthony Maddaloni – (Runner-up) – a combination of Peggle and Plants vs. Zombies results in a graveyard scare!
- "Caykee" – Jessica Kozulbal – (Runner-up) – Caykee the Cupcake presents her argument for inanimate objects as Peggle Masters!
- "Peggle 3D" – Brice Johnson (Runner-up) – What if Peggle fully embraced the third dimension? This level presents one possible vision.
PopCap Games (www.popcap.com) is the leading multi-platform provider of fun, easy-to-learn, captivating video games that appeal to everyone from age 6 to 106. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000 and has a worldwide staff of over 240 people in Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, Vancouver, B.C., Dublin, and Shanghai. Its games have been downloaded more than 1 billion times by consumers worldwide, and its flagship title, Bejeweled®, has sold more than 25 million units across all platforms. Constantly acclaimed by consumers and critics, PopCap's games are played on social networks, the Web, desktop computers, myriad mobile devices (cell phones, smartphones, PDAs, Pocket PCs, iPod, iPhone and more), popular game consoles (such as Xbox, PlayStation and DS), and in-flight entertainment systems. PopCap is the only "casual games" developer with leading market share across all major sales channels, including Web portals, retail stores, mobile phones, MP3 players, and game devices.
The PopCap logo and all other trademarks used herein that are listed at www.popcap.com/trademarks are owned by PopCap Games, Inc. or its licensors and may be registered in some countries. Other company and product names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners and are used for the benefit of those owners.
SOURCE PopCap Games