SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion now represents the largest community of US doctors working towards Meaningful Use attestation in 2011. With the release of certified features to the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system on Monday night, every user on Practice Fusion's free web-based EHR today has the tools needed to immediately begin Meaningful Use and earn up to $18,000 in 2011.
- Practice Fusion forecasts that 5,000 eligible providers will use the free EHR to work toward 2011 Meaningful Use incentives; adding up to a potential cumulative incentive of $90 million.
- Through July, only 4,481 eligible providers have received 2011 EHR incentives from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) by using any of the 758 certified EHR systems on the market.
- Practice Fusion lets doctors keep their entire Medicare or Medicaid incentive. The company does not take a cut of incentives and does not charge users.
- The October 1 deadline to start Meaningful Use in 2011 is looming. Practice Fusion expects a surge in demand for EHR technology as the 2011 cut-off approaches.
- With a Live in Five™ set-up guarantee, Practice Fusion is the only EHR where doctors can sign up today and immediately start 90-day attestation for 2011 incentives.
- More information on Meaningful Use can be found at www.practicefusion.com/44k
"Practice Fusion has democratized Meaningful Use," said Ryan Howard, CEO and Founder of Practice Fusion. "Starting today, every eligible provider has a shot at 2011 incentives with no cost and no risk through Practice Fusion. If you're a solo practitioner, part of a large practice, a house call doctor or working in a non-profit clinic, you can get $18,000+ and participate in Washington's vision for health technology transformation."
According to the latest CMS reports, nearly 4,500 providers received Medicare and Medicaid EHR incentive payments in the first seven months of 2011. Practice Fusion's community of EHR users has the potential to significantly increase activity in the Meaningful Use program over the next three months.
Meaningful Use incentives are a small part of the US Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS) overall investment in health technology through the 2009 Economic Stimulus Plan (ARRA). Earlier this year, the National Coordinator for Health IT, Farzad Mostashari, explained how "the sum total of Meaningful Use" is to save lives, prevent medical errors, coordinate care and empower patients.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system to physicians. With charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, billing, lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EMR community in the country with more than 100,000 users serving 20 million patients. The company closed a $23 million Series B round of financing led by Founders Fund in April 2011. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE Practice Fusion