MACHESNEY PARK, Ill., Nov. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Urgent care EMR company Practice Velocity has announced the launch of eRegistration, a patient check-in system designed specifically to help urgent care practices speed up their patient flows. Rather than waiting in line to check in at the front desk one at a time, keeping patients in the waiting room longer than necessary, patients can use the eRegistration system to check themselves in and fill out their information, getting them in to see a clinician that much sooner. Self-service technologies like eRegistration shift time-consuming tasks from paid employees to the patient, making patients feel more in control and resulting in greater patient information accuracy.
Patients eRegister Before OR After They Walk In
Patients can use the eRegistration system in one of two ways: from the comfort of their homes or after they walk into the urgent care center. If they use the system from home, they'll also choose a check-in time, which will hold a place in line for them so they can wait at home until their scheduled walk-in time. And, unlike many other urgent care patient check-in systems, Practice Velocity's eRegistration system allows patients to fill out the reason for their visit, including their symptoms, severity, onset and more. If they eRegister after walking into an urgent care center, a front desk staff member will hand them a tablet PC so they can complete the registration process from the waiting room. This allows multiple patients to check in at once, making the check-in process so much faster.
The Competitive Advantage of eRegistration
When patients fill out their own information, the benefits to urgent care practices stack up:
- Shorter waiting room times – When the registration process is faster, patients spend less time in the waiting room.
- Faster workflows – Instead of keying in information or scanning in documents, all front desk staff has to do is verify the information patients entered into the eRegistration system.
- Up-to-date patient information – Whether it's new insurance information or current medications, it's difficult to keep patients' information completely up-to-date. When patients are updating it themselves and the staff is double-checking it, that information is kept much more current.
- Fewer patient information errors – The same goes with patient information errors. Patients are checking their own information, and staff is double-checking it.
- Less paper – Most urgent care centers have patients fill out up to five forms per visit and have to take the time to scan in each of those forms. An eSign functionality is built right into the eRegistration system, saving urgent care centers on paper and time.
- Faster patient flows – All of this culminates in a practice that's getting patients in and out faster than ever without sacrificing quality of care.
To learn more about Practice Velocity's eRegistration system, visit practicevelocity.com/eregistration.
About Practice Velocity
Practice Velocity provides a full scope of industry-leading medical software and services designed to improve efficiency, support delivery of quality care, and maximize revenue for urgent care centers, occupational medicine clinics, primary care physicians and outpatient specialty providers. More than 800 urgent care clinics in all 50 states have used Practice Velocity's products and services to improve performance and build successful businesses. For more information, visit www.practicevelocity.com.
For More Information:
Mika Doyle, 815-986-1643
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/practice-velocity-launches-eregistration-system-to-help-urgent-cares-fast-track-patient-flow-300554722.html
SOURCE Practice Velocity