DALLAS, March 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Starting on March 27, you can pre-order the Samsung Galaxy S® 6 and Galaxy S® 6 edge from AT&T1 on www.att.com and AT&T retail locations in Black Sapphire, White Pearl or Gold Platinum and select from 32GB, 64GB or 128GB2 storage options. Pricing starts at $22.84 per month on AT&T Next 243 for the Galaxy S 6 with 32GB and $27.17 on AT&T Next 243 for the Galaxy S 6 edge with 32GB.
Get a first look at the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge beginning March 27 at participating AT&T stores in the U.S.
Samsung Gear Circle™ Offer
Save $50 on a Samsung Gear Circle Bluetooth Stereo Headset when you buy a Galaxy S 6, Galaxy S 6 edge or any other Samsung Galaxy S smartphone on AT&T Next.4
Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge Features
The Samsung Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge smartphones blend design with high-power performance and meaningful innovation to keep you connected, productive and entertained. The Samsung Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge embody the perfect marriage of glass and metal. Additional key features include:
- Materials: The unibody design features Corning® Gorilla Glass® 4 and aluminum frames to blend durability and innovation.
- Displays: Both devices have 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED® displays with 577ppi. The Galaxy S 6 edge delivers Samsung's first dual-edge smartphone – a uniquely designed dual curve screen that cascades the left and right sides of the smartphone. This allows you to easily and discreetly view news, updates and messaging notifications.
- Cameras: The cameras launch fast, so you can capture quick moments beautifully; just double tap the home buttons while in any application to open up the cameras. Auto-Real time High Dynamic Range (HDR), Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and IR detect White Balance provide advanced light sensitive and crisp camera solutions to take pictures that look great even if the light isn't perfect. You can also flip the smartphones to the front and take wide-angle selfies.
- Voice Calling: HD Voice capable.5
- Operating Systems: Android™ 5.0 (Lollipop).
- Processors: Accomplish more with Samsung's fastest and most powerful processor in a smartphone – both devices come with Octa-core application processors with 64-bit platforms.
- Battery Life: The Samsung Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge feature embedded wireless charging technology that works with most wireless charging pads on the market, so there's no more looking for a cord or place to plug in.6 Ultra Power Saving Mode gives you up to 24 hours of talk and text time with only a 10 percent charge,7 and Fast Charging powers the devices up to 50 percent in about 30 minutes.8
"AT&T is proud to add the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge to our industry leading portfolio of Samsung smartphones and the network with the nation's strongest LTE signal.9 Samsung pushed the design and innovation envelope by enhancing essentials such as the camera and display, while combining its fast and powerful processor with a stunning metal and sophisticated glass design." – Jeff Bradley, senior vice president, Device Marketing and Developer Services, AT&T Mobility.
The Samsung Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge both earned four out of five stars on AT&T's Eco-Rating system. The system rates the environmental factors of AT&T branded handset devices. AT&T created the Eco-Rating system to empower consumers to make better informed decisions when selecting a device. For more information about this device's rating, AT&T's Eco-Rating System, and how you can join AT&T in making a difference, please visit http://att.com/ecospace.
- View the Samsung Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge Highlights Video: http://go-att.us/SamsungGS6devicesHL.
- List of participating AT&T locations where you can get a sneak peek of the Galaxy S 6 and/or Galaxy S 6 edge: www.samsung.com/galaxys6preview.
- For more information visit: www.att.com/galaxys6 or www.att.com/galaxys6edge.
1AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
2Portion of memory occupied by existing content.
3Requires 20-mth or 24-mth 0% APR installment agreement and qualifying credit and wireless service. Tax due at sale. If wireless service cancelled, device balance due. Service costs additional. Other charges and restrictions apply. AT&T Next Requirements: www.att.com/shop/wireless/next.html#fbid=mkEz9ThvDiO.
4Samsung Gear Circle Bundle Offer: Offer ends May 11, 2015. Offer available at AT&T owned-stores, att.com, and select participating dealers only. Must buy a Samsung Galaxy smartphone on an AT&T NextSM installment agmt w/ qual. monthly wireless svc plan (voice & data) and will get $50 instantly off a Samsung Gear Circle Bluetooth Headset. Must buy items together. Discounts: Offer may not be combinable w/ other credits, discounts & offers. Device Limits: Purch. limit & limit of 4 financed devices per wireless acct may apply. Device prices may vary by location. Return/Restocking: If return smartphone w/in 14 days w/o headset, will owe the discount of $50. Restocking fee up to $35 on smartphone may also apply. AT&T Next℠: Req's well-qualified credit. Wireless svc is req'd (voice & data) & is add'l. Tax due at sale. If wireless service is cancelled, remaining device balance is due. Visit att.com/next for details. Gen. Wireless Svc Terms: Subject to Wireless Customer Agmt. Credit approval required. Other fees & a deposit may apply. Other Monthly Charges/Line: May include taxes & fed./state universal svc charges, Reg. Cost Recovery Charge (up to $1.25), gross receipts surcharge, Admin. Fee & other gov't assessments which are not gov't req'd charges. Offer, terms, restr's & options subject to change and may be modified, discontinued, or terminated at any time without notice. Coverage & svc not avail. everywhere. Other restr's apply & may result in svc termination.
5AT&T HD Voice has limited availability in select markets and may not be available in your area. To experience HD Voice, both parties must be in AT&T HD Voice coverage using AT&T HD Voice-capable devices. Other restrictions apply. See www.att.com/hdvoice for details.
6Wireless charging pad sold separately.
7Based on laboratory testing. Results may vary. Battery power consumption depends on factors such as network configuration, carrier network, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, vibrate mode, backlight settings, browser use, frequency of calls, and voice, data and other application-usage patterns.
8Fast Charging requires Fast Charging compatible charger to work. Testing under laboratory conditions. Results may vary. Battery power consumption depends on factors such as network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, vibrate mode, backlight settings, browser use, frequency of calls and voice, data and other applications usage patterns.
9Nationwide carriers' LTE. Signal strength claim based ONLY on average LTE signal strength. LTE not available everywhere.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) helps millions of people and businesses around the globe stay connected through leading wireless, high-speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. We're helping people mobilize their worlds with state-of-the-art communications, entertainment services and amazing innovations like connected cars and devices for homes, offices and points in between. Our U.S. wireless network offers
customers the nation's strongest LTE signal and the nation's most reliable 4G LTE network. We offer the best global wireless coverage.* We're improving how our customers stay entertained and informed with AT&T U-verse® TV and High Speed Internet services. And businesses worldwide are serving their customers better with AT&T's mobility and highly secure cloud solutions.
Additional information about AT&T products and services is available at http://about.att.com. Follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at www.youtube.com/att.
© 2015 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Reliability and signal strength claims based on nationwide carriers' LTE. Signal strength claim based ONLY on avg. LTE signal strength. LTE not available everywhere.
*Global coverage claim based on offering voice and LTE data roaming in more countries than any other U.S. based carrier, and offering the most wireless smartphones and tablets that work in the most countries.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.