President of Cuban Chemical Society to Lead Opening Keynote at InformEx 2016
Keynote Sessions and On-Site Education Program Now Available
Dec 07, 2015, 09:00 ET
NEW YORK, Dec. 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- President of the Cuban Chemical Society and Professor of Chemistry at the University of Havana, Luis Alberto Montero-Cabrera, will lead the opening keynote at InformEx 2016, the must attend conference and tradeshow for the fine and specialty chemical industry. To hear Professor Montero-Cabrera speak, and to take advantage of early bird discount pricing, be sure to register by December 20, 2015 at http://www.informex.com/register.
With relations between the U.S. and Cuba beginning to thaw, now is the time to open discussions with Cuba's thriving scientific community. For the first time at InformEx, attendees will get an inside look into Cuba's most notable scientific achievements in the fields of biotechnology, medicinal chemistry and nanotechnology, and will learn how to create strategic partnerships between and for the good of both countries. The opening keynote will take place on February 3, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. CST at InformEx 2016 in the Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, LA.
"Attendees can anticipate an entirely new and exciting educational line-up focused on supporting this year's theme of innovative chemistry," said Robyn Duda, InformEx brand director. "The opening keynote on Chemistry in Cuba is a great example of the cutting edge sessions we are featuring this year, all of which serve to foster dialogue on innovation and commercialization trends, regulatory challenges, market dynamics and opportunities."
Review the full education lineup at http://www.informex.com/conference. Daily highlights include:
Tuesday, Feb. 2 - Expo Opens & Exhibitor Showcases
- Exhibitor Showcases: Featuring Centauri Technologies, LP, Systag, Dottikon, Buchiglas, Kingchem LLC, Cambrex, Corning SAS, DanChem Technologies & Innovations, Rohner Inc., SK Life Science, Inc, Weylchem International, Esteve Quimica, S.A and more.
- Expo Hall Grand Opening: With over 340 companies exhibiting, key decision makers can learn about their potential and existing partners' latest products, services, and solutions.
- Welcome Reception: Exhibitors and attendees are invited to mingle with current and prospective partners at the Welcome Reception, taking place Tuesday, February 2 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 3 – Education Sessions Begin
- Life Science Industry Outlook panel featuring the host of the popular science podcast, Mendelspod
- Crop Protection's Innovative Future panel led by key influencers in the agrochemical industry including CAC, Dow AgroSciences and DuPont
- Synthetic Biology: Ushering in a New Era of Chemical Engineering featuring Gen9 and Industrial Microbes
- Chipping in: Opportunities for Growth in the Specialty Chemicals Industry presented by IHS
- Creating an Ecosystem of Open Innovation to Foster External Collaboration in the Pharmaceutical Industry featuring Bayer
Thursday, Feb. 4 – Morning Educational Programs and Closing Lunch
- Closing Keynote presented by John Warner, president and chief technology officer of the Warner Babcock Institute, LLC
- How to Maximize the Value of Your Business, an introduction to value based management and how it can transform your business
- Conflict Mineral Disclosure: Insight into Development International's 2014 SEC Filing Evaluation featuring Tulane University Law School graduate and one of the lead analysts of the groundbreaking Conflict Minerals Benchmarking Study
- Bridging the Gap Between the Industry Leaders of Today and Future Innovators of Tomorrow, an interactive panel on preparing the next generation for commercial success
Young Innovators Program: New to InformEx 2016
To prepare young innovators in the fine and specialty chemical industry for commercial success, InformEx has partnered with the National Science Foundation's Innovation Corps Sites Chemicals and Materials Customer Discovery Program to deliver three days of hands-on programming aimed at connecting the new generation of chemical professionals with industry leaders.
Program highlights include:
- Student teams will represent start-up companies with an innovative product/service looking to create partnerships with InformEx exhibitors
- Workshops will prepare the teams for face-to-face interaction, a pitch competition, and a tour of the show floor
Industry leaders will be able to use the program to identify upcoming talent as well as provide mentoring. For more information visit www.informex.com/young-innovators-program
Visit InformEx.com to view a full listing of daily events and educational offerings. Once you've registered, download the InformEx Mobile App to build out your daily agenda and interact with the InformEx community.
InformEx is the must attend industry conference and tradeshow that for more than 30 years has brought together over 2,500 decision makers and thought leaders in the fine and specialty chemical industry. It is the premier event for buyers and sellers to create profitable relationships, expand partnerships and network with key industry players. InformEx 2016 will place great emphasis on commercializing unique chemistry and innovation across all verticals including the broader energy field, pharmaceuticals, life sciences and agrochemicals industries. To learn more, visit InformEx.com. InformEx is produced by UBM plc, a global events-led marketing services and communications company. For more information, visit UBM.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151206/293497LOGO
Share this article